Revelations Part 3: Change of plans

Hey, people! Here we have the last Flora-less chapter. The next ones are gonna be all about her and her relationship with Will, Henry, Catherine and other characters. Let me remind you that this story will have 33 chapter, 32 which are already written. I'll be posting them from time to time, but since there are no comments to this story, it's helard to know if anyone's enjoying it. So I might stop posting chapters if I feel like no one' actually reading it. 

September,22nd of 1526...

It had been nearly two years since Prince William, heir to the french throne, was born. Through that time, many things had changed in France. The Italian Wars had ended almost as abruptly as they had started, though Italy was nowhere near forgiving France for those hard years. With many countries destroyed and England slowly succumbing to protestantism, France was the safest and most stable place on Earth, except for the New World, which was becoming a traveling destination for many amongst Europe.

France and Scotland were trying to make an alliance as the latter were concerned about England's interest in taking over the country and turning it protestant. The alliance wasn't possible yet since Scotland had nothing to offer France that would make said alliance worth it. So King James V tried to come up with another plan.

Another one who was making plans was Catherine Blanchet, mistress of King Henry of France. She had been planning on killing the queen so she could become one herself, but it was proving to be very difficult. But things had changed over the past few weeks and she felt more confident about her plan. That's why she was in such a happy mood as she walked along the palace and towards her chateau. Having just had a conversation with King Henry, she had told him the good news and he had been shocked, but she was sure that soon he would be thrilled.

A party was to be held at the palace that night, in honor of the King's 21st birthday and Catherine had gone home to get ready. She knew that this was a special date, mostly because of what she had found out. So she dressed in her finest clothes and waited for the king to meet her as they had agreed to talk before the party. By seven he came, dressed richly and looking better than ever. He greeted her friend, Leonardo, politely and waited for her to walk down the stairs and towards the living room. She didn't miss the look on his face as she did so and she smiled.

"Good night, milady." He formally greeted.

"Good night, your majesty," She said just as formally.

"May I say you look just ravishing." He complimented and she smiled brightly.

"Why thank you." She curtsied and his look turned back to Leonardo, who was watching them suspiciously, for he didn't know of her news yet.

"May we be left alone?" Henry said as he looked at Leonardo and the guard that had followed him. Both exited the room quickly and he was left with Catherine. They sat down on the couch and he sighed.

"So, have you thought about what I've told you?" She asked him.

"I have and I don't know yet what to feel." He said and she frowned.

"Be happy. This is a gift from God, we should be thankful." She told him sternly and he smiled.

"You're right, this is great. It's just, Diane's not too happy about it." Catherine scoffed and he cast her a warning look.

"I apologize, but Diane has never been too happy about our relationship. I just wish she has no intention of harming us." He shook his head immediately.

"No, she doesn't. She's not even too concerned about this, she's told me that what she really wishes for is that you wouldn't be too close to William." Catherine sighed. Being close to William was a part of her plan and a way for her to lessen the guilt of what she was going to do.