Trapped

Hello, people. Sorry I'm a bit late with this chapter. The next one won't take so long, I promise. It should come by Friday. .

I'm sure many people might have been  confused on why Flora was apparently able to use her own magic to go into the book. First of all, there is still magic in Paris, but Catherine has stolen it and only she (and Nostradamus) should be able to use it. Second, consider that the situation regarding Flora and her magic is like in S1 when the Trix stole Bloom's dragon flame. Her power is still there, though since Flora grew up without knowing it existed, it was never used.

I remember someone in Winx said that magic is linked to emotions, so consider that Flora was filled with negative emotions in the end of chapter 16 and also that she was holding "Tales of the Winx", which is a magical and powerful book. Her magic was unlocked due to her being very emotional and the book's magic was linked to her magic. Imagine just what a powerful force that would be. So, not even Catherine would be able to stop it from acting. Hope that made sense.

Another thing I'm sure you've noticed and might not have understood is the passage of time. Time goes by differently in the book and in the "real world", which is why the 5 years that passed for the Winx never occurred in the other reality. So, when they came back, it had only been an hour since Flora disappeared.

Third, there are some characters that will be present here that you might not remember. So, just to remind you:

Mary: Will's ex-wife, queen of Scotland, Flora's sister in law and close friend.

Greer: Mary's lady, Flora's friend and married to Leith.

Lola: Mary's lady, Flora's friend and married to Collin. She's also about 5 months pregnant with their first child.

Kenna: Mary's lady, Flora's friend and going out with Lord Sebastian.

I apologize in advance, cause this is so freaking long. Seriously, good luck reading it.

Catherine, Flora and Tecna left the carriage with the two fairies hiding behind the capes. They passed through the guards rather easily due to Catherine's influence, though there were some weird and confused looks from the guards. The blonde woman walked fast as Flora attempted to keep up with her and Tecna was dragged with them. The knife didn't leave Tecna's throat and the nature fairy found no way to free her friend without possibly causing her death.

Once they entered the palace, Catherine asked two guards to come to them, much to Flora's confusion. She whispered something in their ears and it was unlucky of them that Musa wasn't there to tell them what she had said. After that, the guards unceremoniously grabbed Tecna and started taking her away.

"No! Let her go!" Flora screamed and tried to reach for her, but Catherine stopped her.

"Will you please be quiet? They're taking her to a secret place where she will remain until you've fulfilled your part in the agreement." Her mother whispered the last part and Flora felt afraid of her for the first time in her life. She got out of her mother's grip with difficulty before looking back at Tecna. She knew that she wouldn't be able to save her now, but she sure wished she could. She cast Tecna an apologizing look as the technology fairy was taken to the secret location.

"What agreement are you talking about?" Flora asked once they were gone as she looked back at her mother.

"It's simple, dear. You're going to fulfill your duty by marrying James and I will let your good for nothing friends live." Shock filled her at such an unfair request and she immediately shook her head.