seven👑

Her👸🏽

"Daddy, my nose hurts," the girl beside me whined out flinching as she pressed the ice pack on her nose. I sighed as he replied. 

"It's gonna be okay sweetie," he told her.

I realized I didn't even know the girl's name, but I knew her face and man did I know some things about ole girl. The police walked in looking at us.....well me harshly. 

"You realize you're in big trouble for initiating the fight," the police officer said looking at me.

"Look, I don't know if you know this but this is high school. Here it does not matter who swung first. And I don't care if you her father, maybe you should question what your daughter does at this here school," I said crossing my arms.

Her face turned red as she moved the ice pack quickly looking at her father worried. The principal looked curious as he looked from me to his daughter. 

"Sandy," he said looking at his daughter.

"Did you know your I caught your daughter getting a train ran on her in the boys lock-" I was cut off by Sandy slapping me across the face. I whipped around punching her in her mouth knocking her back and was going to advance only to have the police officer pull me back.

Meanwhile, the principal looked shocked while looking at his father. He pulled out a sheet, wrote my name on a sheet of paper handing it to me. 

"You are suspended for 1 day. Sandy, we are going home right now," said the principal. "But Daddy-" Sandy starts but I cut her off.

"You ain't the only one she call Daddy," I said as I walked out the room.

I saw Louis sitting in the seat outside the office. 

"Lou, ain't you suppose to be in class?" I asked. He got up and looked me in the eye. 

"Let's go get something to eat," he said making my eyes widen. 

"Lou, you didn't stutter," I pointed out. He smiled a bit. 

"L-let's go," he said. We walked out of the school standing by our cars that were side by side.

"Meet you at iHop," I said before hopping in my car. I saw him smile through my tinted windows as he got in his own car. We pulled out the iHop, it being national pancake day.

We got out of the car walking inside of the iHop. We got a table inside the iHop sitting down. We ordered our drinking, shared conversation, and made fun of people walking in and out of the restaurant. His stutter was there but not as bad as it usually is.

A little girl wheeled by us with her family and I almost spit out my drinking. Lou was across from me holding in his laughter as he put his drink down. 

"We-ere tho-ose heeley's?" he asked as I nodded trying to swallow the orange juice that was threatened to come spewing out my mouth.

I calmed down and swallowed my orange juice sighing. 

"I haven't seen those in years," I said. He nodded chuckling.