Chapter 4

Andy said her goodbyes to Jax and Opie, leaving them in her apartment and her heading for her shift. They'd do clean-up and make it look like they were never there before they headed out. She arrived at the station and quickly after changing into her uniform headed up to Frank's office to meet him.

When she arrived, she saw a solemn looking Marlo sitting there, staring at a spot in the floor. Along with a angry looking Sam.

"Take a seat McNally." Frank told her her as she sat down. Looking anywhere but at Sam and Marlo.

"As I was just telling Detective Cruz here, you were right in your assessment yesterday. Bringing in the SAMCRO members yesterday was a big mistake that could have derailed a big case."

Andy did her best not to act alarmed and react to what Frank was saying. But her mind was running a mile a second.

"Guns and Gangs knew they were up here and had a tail following them all along. They are trying to take down the upcoming leader. One we had yesterday. Jackson Teller, the VP next in line for the Presidency, a very dangerous arms felon." Franks said as he threw the thick file on the table along with Jax's first mug shot from years ago. Andy looked at the photo and remembered it, she remembered telling him how hot he looked in it after she and Gemma had bailed him out. Frank continued jolting Andy from her memory, "FBI contacted them from an informant they have in their town of Charming, California. Had you not tried to reign in Cruz, it could have blown up their case."

Andy was shocked, there was a rat somewhere in Charming reporting to the FBI and also Guns and Gangs had been following Opie and Jax. Meaning that Guns and Gangs could have known where Opie and Jax spent last night and that they were hiding out still in her apartment.

Shit! Andy said in her head. She had major decisions to make really fast, ethical decisions, to repeat this conversation to Jax or not. Let them know about the tail, plus the rat. She didn't know what to worry about first, she looked down at her watch to see the time, if she even had time to catch Jax and Opie before they left.

"You did good McNally, with trying to diffuse the situation by being good cop. You're all dismissed" Frank commended her as she nodded her head in thanks.

Marlo got up to leave quickly just glaring at Andy on her way out. Sam followed equally displeased. Andy held back ready to ask for her time off and ready to give Frank the truthful story of why she needed the time off. She ran her story by Jax, and he was impressed at the reality of her story but also not giving all the facts. She had felt some of her real old Andy coming back when they went over the cover story and it made her happy.

"You're dismissed McNally." He said as he looked up noticing she was still in her seat.

"I'd like for you to approve some leave. I have all my vacation days and time off from Dakota built up, I'd like to go visit my uncle and cousin. My cousin's wife died while I was in Dakota and I missed everything, I want to see them and their kids."

"I'm sorry. Nobody was told about a death in your family or we would have tried to give you a message. Your mother or father going with you?" Frank asked not knowing which side of he family, this cousin was.

Her father, she hadn't even thought of that one. She knew he was going to hate that she was going back to Charming. He loved his half-brother, he didn't love his life or approve of it. She had only gotten sent to Charming as a last resort, she thought that Uncle Piney would scare her straight.

It backfired when living there with him and becoming a part of SAMCRO made her feel like she belonged."I'm not sure. He's not feeling that well and it's a long trip." She lied, knowing he was going to refuse to go and refuse she goes. "Well, file your paper work and I'll sign off. You've earned it."

"Thanks Frank." Andy said getting up and leaving the room. Knowing she know had another problem to deal with.

She was partnered with Nick today, which was going to be a problem because he knew her too well and wasn't going to let her shake him. So she figured the easiest way to deal with this was out in the open.

"Hey Nick, I just need to call to check up on my dad. Give me a sec." She said to him before they were going to get in the car. She dialed her home number and waited for it to go to the answering machine."Hey dad, it's me Andy. I don't know if you're still there or not but if you are give me a call back. Just want to check in." She spoke like nothing was wrong.

Nick got into the car hearing Andy's routine conversation as Andy walked over to the the sidewalk, trying to get as far away from prying ears as possible. Like clockwork about a minute later her cell phone rang back.

"Dad, hey." Andy said.

"What's up Drea, you ok?" Jax said in a worried tone.

"I'm fine, just heading out on patrol now. Turned out I didn't get reamed at from Frank, but commended for taking the bikers side."

Jax knew she was heading somewhere so he kept quiet as she continued. "Marlo got reamed because Guns & Gangs had been following the two bikers since they came to Canada. They had gotten intel from the FBI who has an informant insider in their club reporting back to the Feds."

"Jesus Christ Drea, you can get fired and end up in jail for telling me all this." Jax said getting angry at Andy risk she was taking and also angry at them having a rat.

"Dad, you're a cop, I trust you. I have to go out for my shift now. I think my partner is getting annoyed. My leave was approved so, I'll come by and talk to you soon and be careful." She said quickly and hanging up and jumping in the car. Not giving Jax time to react and get more mad at her.