Chapter 8

Opie and Jax finally made the trek home back to Charming and they instantly called a church meeting. They didn't want to risk telling them what Andy found out. They had called Chibs when they were passing through Sacremento and told him to collect the senior members only. No new members, no prospects. Nobody else in the club house at all.

When they arrived all embraced and gabbed some drinks before heading into the meeting. Clay called the meeting to order and nodded to Jax to speak since he had been the one to call this meeting.

"Op and I was heading back, passing through Ontario. We had a routine traffic stop, the officer was on a type of power grudge, trying to prove her authority to her rookie. She recognized us and insisted that we should be brought into her station for holding to make sure we weren't jumping bail or anything. The rookie fought against it and took our side." Jax said as he smiled and continued. "The rookie cop was Drea." He said as Piney and the others all looked at him in shock.

"You're telling me your girl who once shot 2 Mayans in the back to save us and took out their car tire, is a cop?" Trig said in disbelief. Not believing it at all.

"Her father must have made her do it." Piney muttered as Jax laughed. "She always was a good shot.

"Well, what ever the reasons to become a cop she had our backs and tried to make her partner let us go." Opie threw in.

"Her reasons I think were personal. I wanted her to be safe and away form guns, so she decided to get a job that had her being in the line of fire all day as a screw you back to me." Jax said as he rolled his eyes in amusement.

"Your old lady was always one of a kind." Clay pointed out. Impressed with Drea's choice of occupation, she always was a great asset to the club and if she could be a member he would have made her one. She was a better shooter than all the prospects. Heck even better than Bobby.

"Well, you can tell her you approve when she comes next week." Jax added.

"Drea's coming here?" Trig asked excitedly. He always cared for her and thought of her as a daughter he wished he could have and not the two crazy ones he did have.

"Why?" Piney asked in concern. "Her father ok, she ok?"

"Yeah dad, she's fine. She just needs a visit. Wants to see you, the kids." Opie reassured his father.

Chibs was looking at Jax during the whole conversation and knew that his buddy wanted his girl back.

"You gonna let her get away again this time, Jackie boy?" He asked.

"Not, if I can help it." He smirked as the guys all nodded their heads hoping that Jax and Drea could make it work this time. They knew that she was his only love and nobody was going to measure up to her and bring him happiness but her. They saw the mess he made of his life when he tried to settle down with the druggie he didn't love just because he was lonely.

"There's more to it than just a us running into Drea again, though." Jax continued.

"She did have our back, got into a screaming match with her hot head partner. About our rights and that she couldn't just bring us in for nothing. They both ended up getting dragged into their Chief's office. Where Drea continued to say what a dumbass her partner was."

"That's our Drea," Tigg laughed.

"Well, during her rant she made a comment about how the other cop could have ruined any future cases cause we could file harassment charges. In the end the Chief personally apologized to us and let us go. We hung out with Drea for the night and was set to leave the next day when she called in from the station."

"This doesn't sound like it's going in a good direction." Bobby interrupted.

"It's not." Opie sighed.

"She said the Chief pulled them back in the office that morning to commend her for a job well done on being nice to us. She said their local version of ATF had us being trailed through Canada on a tip from an FBI informant here in Charming, in the club."

"Jesus." Clay said as he slapped his hand on the desk.

"Who knew you and Opie were going to Canada and why?" Bobby asked.

"All of us and the prospects." Opie said.

"Well, we need to figure this out and fast before Drea comes, before this rat informs his feds that a cop is here in the family fold." Clay added.

"Wait a minute, you were tailed by their Canada ATF? Didn't you just say you hung out with my niece." Piney asked to Jax and Opie, worrying that she was going to end up in deep trouble.

"We took a lot of precautions when coming and leaving her place and so far she hasn't contacted any of us, so she hasn't been called in by anyone asking about us being her house guests. We are certain nobody saw us." Opie reassured his father.

"And taking classified FBI information and calling Jax up to tell him all about it, what about that?" Piney said still worried.

"I was pissed at that too, trust me. But she covered it up beautifully, called me her father and acted like we were having a father-daughter conversation. She did it in broad public with her partner nearby, nobody is the wiser." Jax said.

"Father-daughter conversation? That's gross." Juice said while making a face.

"Well, I'm grateful to her as long as she doesn't end up in jail for it." Clay said reading Piney's mind and ignoring Juice.

"I won't ever let that happen." Jax told them all with a stern voice and they knew it. Jax wouldn't let anyone hurt her.

"What's our plan for fishing out the Fed?" Chibs asked. "Happy? Mayhem?"

"Take them out to woods and find out the truth. Who ever is the snitch doesn't come back." Trigg suggested.

"We have to walk carefully here man, too much balls in the air and people at stake. If the Feds think we killed one of their own they're going to raid us, if they get wind we know about the rat they can trace it back to Drea and I won't let that happen.

"We do one on one, there's 4 Prospects. I highly doubt it's Halfsack, lets focus on the other 3. Sweep their cars for bugs, sweep their houses, do recon work. Put tails on them. Then when we find some evidence, decide what to do with the rat then." Chibs suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." Clay agreed and Jax nodded.

"Let's find a rat." Clay said as he hit his gavel down.