Chapter 21

After her phone call with her dad and the cop visit earlier at the shop, Andy decided to head out and do some relaxing shopping.

She leisurely walked down Main street. Walking in and out of the little shops, she had bought some clothes for Abel because he was going to start growing so fast when they brought him home.

She picked up some things she'd left back in Canada and needed, like more socks. Instantly grabbing a couple packs for Jax too. She looked down in her arms and smiled, baby clothes, clothes for her, clothes for Jax. She was shopping like a mom and wife.

Like an old lady.

After she checked out, wanting to check the time she remembered she had turned her phone seeing it not on.

"Shit." She said turning it back on and finding 5 missed calls and voice mails from her father. She instantly hit call back, not bothering with even listening to the voice mails.

He answered, but before she could even say hello he started talking. "I'm so sorry, I know you care a lot about Piney and his club, that you care for Jax. I shouldn't have said what I did." Tommy told her. Andy not really believing him, this was his pattern he'd show his displeasure, how he didn't approve then apologize when she took offense.

"It's fine." She said as she walked out of the store she was in and into another one. Not even realizing it was a mens store.

"No, it's not Andy. I'm really sorry. You were happy and telling me about your trip and I was a jerk."

"Yeah, you were. Forget about it, dad. I don't expect you to understand anymore." She said resigning to the fact her father will never approve or get her family here. He doesn't understand what growing up alone in a home having to be an adult too fast with alcoholic cop father, a mother who had screaming matches with him everyday until she just disappeared for good was like.

He doesn't understand that coming from that to here, where everyone had such love for her and sense of family would make her happier than being there. She was always searching for something in Toronto, trying to figure herself out and find something, someone to make her happy, where as here.

She just was happy.

As her father talked she walked around the other store she was in, seeing some dress shirts on sale. Jax definitely needed some of those, she picked up a plain black one and a plain white one figuring that would work with his cuts and headed to the cashier.

"I'm fine about it dad, really." Andy said. "Hold on," she told him as she juggled the phone and her wallet. She grabbed some cash, handing it to cashier as he handed her back the change and bag.

"I'm back." She said telling her dad, as she was juggling all her bags and the phone.

"What are you doing?" He asked her.

"Just some shopping in town, they have the cutest small town family owned shops. Picking up some stuff."

"Oh, that's nice. You alone?" He asked innocently as Andy rolled her eyes. She knew that was supposed to really mean, is Jax with you.

"Yes, alone. It's a work day, people are at work."

"That's great, enjoy your time." He said relieved not wanting her around what ever the Sons of Anarchy called work. Andy walked out of the story and continued down the street, wanting something to drink. She popped into one of the diners and took a seat. Knowing she wouldn't be able to juggle a drink her hand and the phone. A waitress quickly came up to her.

"Can I have a vanilla milkshake to go?" She asked the waitress as she nodded her head and took off.

"You at a restaurant now?"