Chapter 5

"Jesus Christ" Jax said whipped the cell phone. He and Opie had just been wiping down the rooms. To make sure that nobody was going connect them to Drea and now she's already finding out classified information and passing it on.

"What's up?" Opie said coming from the guest room with his bag.

"Your cousin, she found out we've had a tail our entire time here. Also we have rat back home reporting to the Feds."

"Shit? What?"

"Yeah, apparently they gave her a pat on the back for being on our side yesterday because it could have screwed with the Fed's case against us." Jax said in anger.

"She realize what she's done?" Opie asked going over to the window and looking for the tail. They had been really careful before they arrived at Andy's. Their bikes were in warehouse stashed, they wore plain delivery clothes and made it on foot. They didn't want anyone to see them showing up at a cop's place, hopefully they did enough to lose the tail.

"If we were caught coming in here, they're going to know exactly who told us about the tail and the Fed informant." Jax pointed out. "They also could get her for harboring us. She got her vacation leave, she's going to Charming. Hopefully that gets her away from dodge here." Jax said shaking his head.

"We need to get back, find this informant. Hopefully before Andy arrives so the Fed doesn't ID her and report back that she's there." Opie said grabbing the bag and looking around to make sure the apartment looked exactly like it was when they arrived.

"Like we don't have enough shit going on in the MC, now this?" Jax said going to the window to look around for

"Let's go, if there's anything I know about my cousin is your old lady can take care of herself." Opie said as Jax shook his head and smiled.

"Yeah, one day after seeing us again and she's saving our asses and finding out information from thousands of miles away that was right in front of our noses."

"Don't let her go again." Opie told him seriously.

"I don't plan on it." Jax nodded and they grabbed their bags and locked up the apartment. Ready to avoid the tail if they were out there and head on the road back to California. Both of them knowing that Drea could handle her end herself, she wasn't a little girl that needed someone to save her, she was the one who saved them.

They made it to their bikes and saw no trail, but to be on the safe side they split up and picked a meeting place. As Jax rode he dodged and weaved around cars, taking hiway exits and going back on ramps. He thought of Drea, how when he first met her she was at a club event. A sullen teenager with a chip on her shoulder got sent to live with her uncle from her dad cause she was skipping school and dropping out. The second she gave him attitude and he gave it right back they fell for each other hard and fast. While he worked at the shop and side by side with Clay, she'd actually started going to school. Partly because he made sure of it as a favor to Piney.

He'd pick her up every morning from Piney's, she'd hop on his bike and he'd take her to school. On his bike and in his Prospect leathers. Mark his territory to all the highschool boys that this was Jax Teller's girl. He'd pick her up at the end of the day and take her to the flower shop where she did part time answering the phone. After a few weeks the only time they spent apart was when she was at school and he was on the job. He taught her to ride, she learned to shoot. She was the perfect woman for him and now he had a chance to make their mistakes of letting each other go.

Before Drea left to take care of her father, she was involved in a shootout that shook him up. The Mayans drive by shooting at the shop. Instead of ducking for cover like a normal girl would do, she grabbed her gun and joined Tig and Bobbie behind crates to shoot them. It pissed Jax off that she took that risk and they fought over it. She insisted that she was his partner and not a normal girlfriend or wife who hides and crawls in a ball when things get tough. She was his partner and she was going to back them all up.

Tig overheard the fight and told him that if he didn't marry that chick, he was going to. Which earned him a good punch from Jax.

The whole shooting with her on the front lines shook him up, so when the call came for her to go back to take care of her father he didn't fight her like he should have. He should have came to Toronto to get her, bring her back after he got his senses back. He was too stubborn and stupid. He thought she deserved a safer life that what he could give her. A safer life, but he was stupid it just made them both be lost and miss the other. I made her become a cop, carry a gun everyday probably to spite him. "You want me safe, I'll go pick the unsafest profession there is' that's a Drea move. She was his partner and she made her own decisions and that is why he fell in love with her the way he did.

He didn't need Opie to tell him not to screw it up again, he's not going to let her get away this time. He's going to fight for and with her and promise to fight by her side as long as she wants to stand with him.