Run and Hide

Maya takes the stage after a couple of minutes. As she stands there in front of everyone, she looks at Farkle. He's standing beside Smackle, smiling at her. He then looks at Maya, and his smile fades. Kind of like he's sorry.
Maya - This next song, is a song that I wrote a couple of weeks ago. It's a slow one so grab your dates.
I look over to Riley
Lucas - Can I have his dance?
Riley - You certainly can.
She grabs my hand, I put my arms around her, and we start dancing. Riley told me the song Maya is singing, is called Run and Hide.
Riley - I was with her when she wrote this. She was crying about Farkle one night, and she said "I wanna be loved, I don't want to run and hide".
Lucas - If they're so unhappy why are they still together?
Riley - Look at Maya.
I look at her
Riley - Now look at Farkle.
I look over to Farkle. He's dancing with Smackle, but his face is looking at Maya with sad eyes.
Riley - They can't hurt each other
Lucas - But they are hurting each other. They are both cheating.
Riley - Yes but they don't talk about it. It's better for them to pretend that it's not happening. They can't be without each other.
Lucas - I just don't get how this is happening. They're good people.
Riley - Love is a powerful thing Lucas
The song finishes and we all clap for Maya.
Maya - Thank you. These next couple of songs, I want to bring onto the stage one of my very good friends. Mr. Zay Babineoux!
Zay - What?
Riley - You sing?
Maya looks at Zay and waves her hand and mouths "come on". Zay gets up on stage, you can tell he's nervous because he tripped going up the steps
Zay - What are you doing?
Maya - Someone told me that you rap a little
He gives me a look. I give him a thumbs up. First song that they play is; Closer, then Bad Things, No More Sad Songs, Little Mix, Shape of You, and ending with Freedom by Beyoncé. Everyone gives Maya and Zay a big round of applause. They come down to us with the biggest smiles on their faces.
Riley - Okay. You both need to make an album.
Lucas - I didn't know you were that good Zay.
Zay - Yeah that doesn't make up the fact that you told Maya that I rap.
Maya - Okay, that was so much fun.
Riley - You're going to thank me now?
Maya - Thank you
Maya gives her best friend a genuine smile and long hug. Farkle joins us when he sees Maya. Then we all go to Farkles house to get it ready for the after party