Portland

I get woken up by someone. Madison?
Lucas : Maddie?
Madison : Lucas wake up.
Lucas : What's going on?
Madison : I need your help. Come on get up
She pulls my arm and I get out of bed. I was still in my clothes from the day before. She lowers me outside of our apartment.
Lucas : What are we doing out here?
Madison : don't get mad
Lucas : What did you do?
Madison : I'm leaving.
Lucas : What do you mean?
Madison : I found my real father
You see apparently Maddie and I aren't related at all. Her mother told her that my father was her father. A couple of months ago we all found it that was a lie. Madison wasn't my fathers daughter, and she wasn't my sister. Biologically. But she was still his daughter and my sister.
Lucas : Where is he, how did you find him?
Madison : I hired a private detective.
Lucas : What? What do you mean. Maddie, where did you get the money for that?
Madison : I have my ways.
Lucas : You can't leave without telling dad.
Madison : I can't tell him Lucas.
Lucas : He's our dad, he loves you.
Madison : That's why I can't tell him. He's been the most amazing dad, but I can't tell him that I'm leaving.
Lucas : Maddie..
Madison : Lucas please.
Lucas : What do you need me to do?
Madison : I'm just going to be gone for a week tops. So just tell him that I went on spring break.
Lucas : It's the middle of February.
Madison : Spring break came early for us.
Lucas : Do you have money?
Madison : I do.
Lucas : Where is he?
Madison : Portland
Lucas : Maddie, that's hours away!
Madison : you don't think I know that. Look I love that you are very over protective of your big sister, but I have to do this. I have to know why my mom kept him away. I wanna know why she lied about who was my real father. I just want to know.
I looked at her. Her long wavy blonde hair getting blown away from the wind. Her eyes, sad. They reminded me of Rileys. I had to let her go. I couldn't keep this from her. But what if her father isn't what she's expecting from him. What if he turns out to be a really horrible person. All I could think about it Maddie was the first person I knew who wanted to talk about her stuff. She actually is doing something about a problem that she has. And I admired that.
Lucas : You call me every day.
Madison : I will call and text you every day
Lucas : if you need money, if you're in trouble, if you need me to come and get you just..
She interrupted me
Madison : I will call you if I need you little brother.
She gives me a hug and starts to walk away. She her head around and says "I love you little brother". I blinked, and she was gone.
Lucas - I love you too

Don't Talk About Itजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें