Where were you?

Riley - Maya got raped and abused.
Lucas - And you're questioning telling someone about that?
Riley - What? No. Of course not!
Lucas - Wait. I'm confused, are you sure she got raped? I mean she has been with a lot of guys Riley.
Riley - Just because someone sleeps around doesn't mean that they can't get raped Lucas Lucas - Are you sure Riley?
Riley - Yes I am sure!
Lucas - Why hasn't she told someone?
Riley - Because she doesn't believe that she got raped.
Lucas - I'm confused Riley, that doesn't make sense?
Riley - Jack hit Maya because she wasn't in the mood to have sex with him. After that, Jack raped her.
Lucas - Why doesn't she want to believe it?
Riley - Because she doesn't want to talk about it. She doesn't think it's a big deal. She thinks that if she tells someone, no one is going to believe her, just like you don't believe it! Out of all people, I genuinely thought that you wouldn't question something like this, especially coming from Maya and I.
I walk away, not mad, no sad. Disappointed. I thought he wouldn't question the rape thing. Yes Maya sleeps with a lot of guys, but she didn't say yes. That's rape right?
It's a little after noon, school doesn't end until 3:20, so I decided to go back. It's fifth period, History, with my father. I walk into his classroom just as the bell rings. He looks at me as I sit down in my seat, and I knew he was going to get me in trouble. I just didn't know it would be in front of the whole entire class.
Mr. Mathews - So Riley. Where were you the last two periods?
Riley - I wasn't feeling very well.
Mr. Mathews - Well if you're not feeling well, you call your mother or me. You don't get to ditch classes, if that happens again, no Maya, Detention with me, and no going out.
Riley - Yes daddy.
Maya turns to me
Maya - Where'd you go?
Riley - now you're talking to me?
Mr. Mathews - Girls.
Maya. I never stoped talking to you, I was just upset.
Riley - Well so was I, that's why I needed some time to cool down.
Mr. Mathews - Detention. The both of you.
Maya - Seriously Mathews?
Riley - Is that necessary?
Mr. Mathews - I told you guys to stop talking and pay attention, neither one of you listened to me.
Maya - Are you okay?
Mr. Mathews - I am tired of being pushed around. I am the adult and if I tell  you to do something then you do it.
Riley - I'm sorry dad. It won't happen again.
That's weird. He has never been that mean to Maya and I. Lucas walks in.
Lucas - I'm sorry in late, Here's a note, sir.
Mr. Mathews - Thank you Lucas, take a seat.