Rucas

Three months have gone by... we've all graduated. Farkle, Riley, and I graduated with a 4.0. Maya and Zay graduated with a 3.0. We were all so proud of them. It's almost the end of summer, which means we have to start getting ready for school. Maddie had her baby, a beautiful healthy little girl. She named her Natalie Friar. My dad was very thrilled that she choose his last name for Natalie. Zay introduced us to his boyfriend as his boyfriend. His boyfriend isn't ready to come out officially, so we still have to keep it a secrecy between the six of us. But he's happy, and that's all that matters. Maya and Farkle are back together, no surprise there. They used the shooting as an excuse to get back together. They said "it was a wake up call, I couldn't imagine living without him/her" bleh. It's 8:32 p.m, and I find myself thinking about Riley. We haven't talked much about our relationship. We've just been trying to get back to normal, it's been tough. We still have dreams about the shooting. But we're getting there. I put on my shoes, go out the window and walk over to Rileys house. I look inside and see her reading. "Every Last Word". I tap on her window. She smiles as she looks up and opens it for me to come in. But I take her hand, and pull her out.
Riley - Well hello to you too cowboy.
Lucas - How's the book?
Riley - Amazing.
Lucas - How are you?
Riley - I'm good.
Lucas - I see you're all packed up.
Riley - Almost.
Lucas - Are you ready to live with roommates?
Riley - God no. But I am ready to leave my parents house. I'm excited to be on my own. Well mostly. Have you packed up?
Lucas - Yeah.
Riley - Are you excited?
Lucas - I am.
Riley - You better not find some hot French girl  and ask her to marry you before you ask me.
Lucas - I promise I won't ask anyone to marry me until I ask you
I smile and look over to her as her smile fades.
Riley - I'm really happy that you decided to travel. You better send me pictures.
Lucas - I will send you videos and postcards. As long as you don't forget me
Riley - Deal.
Lucas - You do know that I love you right?
Riley - Of course
Lucas - You know that I'm in love with you right?
Riley - Duh. I love you Lucas. My feelings for you, they will never change. You are that same Texas cowboy that I fell in love with years ago.
Lucas - And you are that same city girl that I fell in love with.
Riley - I'm sad it didn't work out between us. I was kind of rooting for us.
Lucas - Rucas.
Riley - Ship names are so weird
She starts to laugh
Lucas - I'm really proud of you Riley.
Riley - I have you to thank for that. You taught me to always talk about it. Even if it hurts, you'll feel a little better afterwards. I can't thank you enough for never giving up on me.
Lucas - You know... Just because we're not together right now, doesn't mean we won't ever get our happy ending.
Riley - So you're still rooting for us?
Lucas - I'll never loose faith in us Riley.
I take her hand, give her a long meaningful kiss on her lips, pull away, and stare at her beautiful face one more time...
The end