Math

After that night, we never talked again. It's a shame. She was the only person I ever wanted to talk to. I thought the next day at school, she would talk to me. But she couldn't even look at me. I don't blame her.
I head to third period. Math. And I have one word for that class why? I have Farkle and Zay in there. I talk to Farkle, not the way we used to talk, but just a nod every one in a while. I take me sit next to Zay in the back row. I usually don't sit in the very back row, but it's math class.
Zay - Did you do the algebra 2 homework?
Lucas - Shit.
Zay - I didn't understand a thing.
Miss. Gambello - Pass up your homework class, and turn to chapter 5 in your books. Remember we have an exam coming up in a week. If you don't pass this class with a C, you don't graduate.
I had no problem with passing math. Even though I hated it, I was good at it. Unfortunately, Zay was not.
Zay - Guess I'm not graduating
Lucas - Shut up man. You just have to get a tutor
Zay - Will you be my tutor?
Lucas - No way.
Zay - Come on man.
Lucas - It's impossible teaching you. You always get distracted and I'm not very good at explaining things very well.
Zay - So you're just going to let your best friend stay behind.
I look around the room. I smile at Zay, and then look at Farkle.
Zay - No way.
Lucas - Do you want to pass?
Zay - Anyone but him.
Lucas - He's really good at explaining things, even to you.
Zay - But we don't talk.
Lucas - Then start to.
Zay - Really? You're going to tell ME to talk to someone who I don't talk to?
Lucas - Leave her out of this.
Zay - Fine. I'll ask him, only because I'm not afraid to.
Lucas - I'm not scared to talk to her.
Zay - Really?
Lucas - Really.
Zay - Okay. Let me put it this way. I'll ask him to tutor me only because I'm not in love with him
Dick. I watch him walk over to Farkle in front of the classroom.
Farkle - Oh hey Zay
Zay - Heh Farkle. How you been?
Farkle - Fine. Thanks.
Zay just stares at him. I chuckle out loud and he stares at me. I mouth to him "ask"
Farkle - Can I help you?
Zay - Yeah man. I was just wondering if you could maybe tutor me for the test that's coming up?
Farkle - You want my help?
Zay - Why wouldn't I?
Farkle - Well you didn't want my help five months ago.
Oh shit. I did not see that one coming. The bell rings, and Zay doesn't even bother getting his backpack. He just walks away. Farkle looks behind me, he knows he shouldn't have said that. I get my stuff and Zays and I try to find him.