The three musketeers

Number #336 in Romance now. I cannot thank you enough guys. Thanks for your endless support.  I  ❤ you people.

Goal as always is down below

Axel's Pov:

"Good morning, Phia" Mitchell chanted as he saw Sophia descending the stairs.

"Morning, Mitchy." She replied walking to him and pressing her lips to his cheek and he beamed at her with a huge childish smile. Is this how these two usually act around each other? Don't they have limits or are they really this close? What kind of a relation flowered between them? Questions started running wild in my mind until Sophia addressed me.

"Morning Axel." She happily said as she sat on the chair near Mitchell

"Morning sweetheart." I replied without thinking. I only realized what I said when Mitchell's spoon fell out of his hand.

"Sweetheart?" he questioned as he eyed me and then Sophia over and over again. I wanted to brush him off but when I looked at Sophia and saw her blushing at the nickname, I couldn't help but smile a little.

"You call her Phia. I tried that but she wouldn't let me.So last time , I came up with a new nickname for her " Sweetheart". I explained to my still shocked brother.

"I am the only one who is allowed to call her Phia. You ,on the other hand, don't have the right to call her anything but her name. Your dear Liza won't also like the fact that you call another woman "sweetheart"." Mitchell fired as he ran his hand through his hair then moved his chair closer to that of a silent Sophia. She just kept on listening to our fight without uttering a word.

"Lawfully, I am the one allowed to give sweet nicknames to Sophia and what Liza does not know won't hurt her." I argued back. Mitchell and I are used to having such arguments. We are brothers and we grew up sharing most of our things. So when one wanted something, the other will automatically want it too. Thus fights start and I guess that can still happen. Adding to this currently, I am not on Mitchell's favorite people list. I am far from being on it because I used to mock and ignore his best friend.

"Lawfully" he mocked " I will definitely tell Liza. I would love to see her throwing things at you" he threatened reminding me of the one time he saw her fighting  with me.

"Such a childish rat." I mocked back 

"Well you are an idiot." He yelled at me

"You are the idiot" I defended 

"Both of you are idiots." Sophia grumbled lowly but that was enough to steal both of our attentions.

"Tell him that he cannot call you sweetheart not after how he treated you. He acted as if you were invisible for two years and never stood up for you. He even mocked your kindness and yelled at you." Mitchell begged as side hugged Sophia as he reminded her of my past deeds. As we heard him, Sophia's head hung low and she cringed as if reliving those past two years again, in her head.

"Axel..." Sophia spoke softly and if it wasn't for the horrid silence, I wouldn't have heard her. 

"Please , don't tell me that we are back to formalities now." I begged because I truly started to see a good friend in her.

"It is not right. I mean think of Liza and I don't won't to cause drama." she argued defending the one girl that made sure to bully her.  

"See she is defending her bully. How can I not call her a Sweetheart?" I questioned looking at my brother who went back to eating.

"She defended Liza before." Mitchell revealed going to his old careless soul.

"When?" I surprisingly questioned

"When, Liza flipped on Sophia after meeting her for the first time. When telling me the story, of the day you introduced them to each other. Sophia kept on saying that Liza's angry and wild reaction is just an expression of love and possessiveness. Yet you and I , both, know that Liza is generally rude." Mitchell explained ignoring Sophia who kept on pinching his forearm to stop him from talking.

"See, a sweetheart." I offered again and this time Mitchell nodded while hugging Sophia closer to him but this time she was the one eyeing us both and if I might say she was kind of glaring.

"You cannot call me Phia anymore and you cannot call me sweetheart either." She angrily spoke and like a kid huffed and interlocked her hands. 

"You are angry, phia?" Mitchell teased 

"You are sharing our secrets with the enemy." Phia mumbled to Mitchell and I felt sad to know that they refereed to me in such a way.

"Enemy?" I questioned if still seems me as one.

"I offered her other different names and trust me they were way more creative than that but she wouldn't say them..." Mitchell dared 

"Do you still see me as your enemy?" I questioned yet again ignoring Mitchell

"I...Not really but in all honesty, I don't trust you fully. One second, you are nice and all then the old Axel comes out and it is back to yelling and meanness." Sophia honestly replied and I couldn't blame her.

"I will try to be more civil." I promised earning a nod from her and a doubting look from Mitchell.

"Why would you do that?" Mitchell bluntly asked 

"Because Sophia and I have to share a room. We , also, have to be a team to find a way to annul this marriage. Her and I fighting will only cause more nonsense. It will make it harder for us to escape our mothers plans. So, if you don't mind Mr. best friend , I would like to befriend my wife." I announced trying to make sense of my sudden niceness to Sophia.

"As much as I doubt your words, I cannot but agree. You must work together or else mother will end up torturing you both." Mitchell agreed offering Sophia a sympathetic gaze.

"I fear her and her plans." Sophia admitted and once again she looked as fragile as a little kid and something inside me screamed to protect her.

"We will find a way." I promised her offering a small hopeful smile which she returned and her emerald eyes glittered in hope.

"The three musketeers are now for real a team." Mitchell chanted loudly rising his fork as if it was a sword so Sophia mimicked him placing her fork near his and after that two sets of eyes beamed at me childishly begging me to join.

 "one for all" I yelled amused holding my fork 

"And all for one." Sophia and Mitchell yelled back. 

The Goal this time is 85 votes and 40 comments 

thanks for all of your support again

Have a great morning, day , evening or night