Dinner and Change

Hey guys and thanks for the endless support. If you guys get to the goal fast I may update again tonight.

Goal is down below

Sophia's Pov

Going back to the Williams'mansion meant one thing: things got back to their usual selves. Axel was back to his focused, mature CEO self. Olivia was also focused on some of her new fashion boutiques. Mitchy was now sleeping with or running away for his mysterious girl "Bless". And lastly I was back to my invisible self.

Mitchell still pays attention to me whenever he is around. He still watches movies and have endless conversations with me. But when Bless needs him, he either runs to her or starts making plans to escape the country. 

Axel still sleeps next to me. He hold me tight but that's as far as our relation has evolved. I was not waiting for a radical sudden change but I hoped for something. I mean the kiss we shared made me feel special but I guess I over analyzed it. Since we came back a week ago, Axel had to rush to the company. He was informed about some companies who keep on postponing their payday even though they already received their wanted products. They claim they suddenly became financially unstable and unable to pay such high prices. If so then why make a deal in the first place? 

I won't lie and say that Axel is being totally cold because he isn't. He still tries to talk to me whenever he is driving us to the company. I try to keep the conversation between us flowing but at some points I just give up and nod or simply shake my head in refusal. 

Our ride to the office today was completely silent. Not a word was spoken to me. Axel was half the time on his phone and the other he was completely silent. I , again, started to feel like a third wheel in his presence. 

"We are having dinner at eight tonight with my mother." Axel informed as he parked his car in its specific parking space and opened the door. 

I wanted to yell at him because he left me behind in the car alone. He just ordered me to attend a stupid dinner and assumed that I would be there. All the progress that seemed to be achieved is fading away. Axel is turning again clod. Yet this time, I am third wheeled not because of his undying love for Liza but because of his job. Will I always be this trivial to him? Why would he insiste to share a bed with me and hold me so close to him when I mean nothing to him? Why would he hire a bodyguard for me to protect me from a long gone Ezra  when he does not truly care ? Why would his eyes study my figure intensely when I am near? Why am I even asking such questions and why do I feel so hurt? 

Ignoring all the questions that haunted me all day long, I did my best to lawfully prove to the companies that if they aren't go to pay the will have to pay a higher price. The contract clearly said that any delay will have financial consequences either on our part while sending the product or on their part while paying for the product. 

"You did a great job today Sophia." Olivia cheered as we sat around the dinner table.

"Thank you." I politely responded 

"Axel, when is the next shipping and to what country exactly?" She continued to question

"Tomorrow and to Spain." He shortly informed while looking at his phone like he has been doing for the past few days.

"Where is Mitchell and why is he missing dinner?" Olivia asked raising a brow at me 

"I don't know." I lied acting as if her glare didn't have any effect on me

"With that girl Bless, right?"  Olivia questioned making me choke on my food

"How?" I asked between coughs and stupid Axel didn't even seemed bothered that I am next to him choking by why would he? 

"I have my ways and those two will end up killing each other." Olivia commented in an amused tone surprising even more

"They are both..." I said thinking about the right term after I regained my breaths

"Insane, childish, weird..." Axel filled in. So he was tuned in and knew that I was choking but didn't care enough to even look my way?

"You are not that different." Olivia fired at Axel "You are as childish as they are." 

"No I am not." He defended highly like a kid 

"A grown man won't yell." Olivia teased him more 

"Mother." Axel grumbled 

"As much as I enjoy you mother-son fights, I must go. Olivia, as promised I will be here by midnight." I said pushing my chair and standing

"Where are you going?" Axel asked while his tone mirrored surprise. So now he decided to pay attention to me.

" Some of the workers in the office are heading to a club. They started a new tradition. They go out together once each month. Sophia was invited and she asked for my permission and I granted it to her." Olivia informed while Axel's eyes darted from her to me and finally focused on me while darkening a bit.

"You are not going out." He ordered again

"I am sorry but I don't take orders from you." I fired at him and turned my back starting to walk away

"Who are these workers?" He asked in a hard tone

"The legal and the accounting branches." I answered walking up the stairs

"So an all men group with only three females?" He roared from downstairs owning himself a weird smile from his mother

"Exactly." I informed him not caring about his sudden weird behavior 

"You are not going out." He ordered yet again

"Well watch me." I yelled at him 

"Let her be Axel. It is not like you didn't party late since you married her." I heard Olivia argue

"It is not the same." He angrily yelled at her

"No need to go mad." Olivia disapprovingly said " It is not like you really care about her." she continued and I hoped that Axel will yell and say that he does but my only answer was pure deafening silence. So I continued my way up to Axel's room and started to look for the right dress promising myself to distance myself as much as possible away from him. 

THE GOAL THIS TIME IS 170 VOTES AND 90 comments

thanks again ^_^