Apology and contract talk

You guys are so sweet and thanks for the endless support.

Goal is down below

Axel's Pov:

"Gem ?" I hushed as she came out of the shower and laid beside me. No answer was uttered. Not a word escaped her lips. She just stayed there, her back facing me. She unlike usual laid on the very side of the bed. She didn't make any effort to come near me or hug me as usual. I felt empty inside as I heard her cries and sniffes. I didn't mean for her to get upset. I was just plain honest.

I called Liza after uselessly looking after Sophia and not finding her. She was angry and screaming because I ignored her for a day and well because I didn't sleep with her last night. She said that I was a changed man and not her same beloved Axel. I wanted to argue back and tell her that I am the same Axel, only she did change. Yet my mind was unwilling to go into stupid arguments with her so I just allowed her to rant. Then, I accorded her. I said that I was changed because I had a change of heart.

Coming back to an empty room and overthinking about Gem and where she might be clarified one thing. I care for Gem. Yet is it normal to go insanely fearful because I just care? Is it okay to feel angry at the mere thought of her meeting another guy? Mitchell was probably or surely going through the same dark possessive thoughts but he has a clear obvious reason he like Blessing , even though she is an audacious brat and rebel. But why do I share such emotions do I now like my unwanted wife? Did I at some point start to develop feelings for her? Is it her green emerald eyes, her sweet nature of hopeful attitude that made me feel like so ? Is it her passionate shy kisses or what exactly that is now tormenting me?

"Gem?" I echoed again but to not avail. She was still awake and stiffens whenever I utter her name. Yet clearly Sophia decided to give me the silent treatment. She is ignoring me and that made my heart ache. I was feeling stuff. Feelings of care and sadness rushed into me and I found my heart begging to bring her close to me and just hug her to sleep.

I might have said the wrong words earlier. I wanted and still want to explore what am I feeling towards her but I ended up hurting her. I am not sure that I am in love with her but at least we can try and then see if we can work something out or end up just like really good friends, right?

"Sophia?" I called again but all I heard was silence. Deciding to break such tense atmosphere, I traced her bare arm with my fingers. She tried to shift away but she was already on the edge. She tried to hug her hand closer to her away from me but that made me just smile like a kid. 

"Stop it. Will you?" Sophia grumbled at me and sat herself then hugged her knees to her chest. For a mere second, I saw how red her eyes were and that made me feel deeply guilty. However, just like usual her black hair fell and covered her innocent tired face away from me.

Did I just break my goody two shoes?

"I am sorry." I honestly apologized but was rewarded by no reaction at all 

"I may know a way to break the contract." Sophia replied in a low tone and her voice shook proving that her tears were ready to run across her now pale looking cheeks

"But...I...You...We...I" I tried to argue but no matter what thought popped in my mind I just could not put it into words

"It is okay, Axel. You don't have to act like you really care. I am just a try, a break remember?" Sophia said then braced herself and turned to face me. Her eyes glittered with tears and I can see her breaking at any near minute. All wanted to do is hug her and prove to her that I do care about her. I do care more than she knows.