Red Suits You Very Well

Hey guys and thanks for the endless support. If you guys get to the goal fast I may update again tonight.

Goal is down below

Sophia's Pov :

Going out with my family ended with a fight. Ava was starting to enjoy Axel's company and all the other kids started to fall for his easy going personality. His laughs mingled with those of the youngsters of my family. He kept on playing hide and seek and football with them. After half an hour, Bree wouldn't let go of him and that made me smile. Axel's approchable nature made the studying doubting gazes fade. Even Elisabeth and Harper's doubting glares seemed to soften and that made me smile.

At some point, all of the grown ups faded from our gathering and little by little most of them went on walks. I , on the other hand, kept on sitting under the oak tree watching Axel playing with the kids. I didn't seem to notice who really stayed or went away. My attention at that moment was captured by Axel and his laughs made me feel all sort of warm and happy. He no more looked like a snobbish millionaire. He just looked like a kind handsome man. 

Not noticing the figure beside me, I nearly gasped when a hand circled my waist and drew me closer. I then became rigid. My heart started beating at an insane rate. I struggled against the hold of the man but he only drew me closer. I wanted to yell but feared that I will make a scene. We were outside in front of Axel and the kids so I doubted that Ezra will make a move. 

He crept down and started hushing in my ear. His vibes made my eyes teary and I just wanted to yell at him. He kept on saying how he missed me for two years and that nothing was the same without me there. Hearing half of what he said made me freak and yell. The only word that came out of my mouth was "Axel"

As if knowing exactly what was happening, Axel's usually blue eyes darkened and rage shined clearly in them. He walked to us or ran. Ezra pushed away from me a little but Axel wouldn't let his action pass. Reaching us, Axel helped me up and hid me behind his back. He then looked down at Ezra and started yelling and shouting. When Ezra didn't respond and just stood uncaring, Axel did what surprised us all he punched Ezra again and again till Ezra was on the ground with a bleeding nose and a blue eye. Axel then guided me back home.

Ezra was soon thrown out of our household. He was shamed by my mum and forbidden to visit my house or go near me. My cousins felt bad and started apologizing for him but I told them that it is not their fault. Adam , on the other hand, didn't speak a word. His gaze studied me over and over again as if to make sure that I am fine and still okay.

After a harsh day, Axel and I went to sleep. Sharing a bed with him became the usual. Sleeping in his hands especially for that day made me feel safe. I still felt his anger throughout the day but to make it easier for me he would smile down at me. 

Waking up at five thirty at the morning is not easy. Escaping Axel's tighter grip is way harder. I woke up early planing to prepare a special breakfast in bed as a thanks for Axel. I kept on yawning as I planed what to cook exactly. I knew that he prefers dark coffee and dark chocolate pancakes , adding to those some toast, a cheese omelette and a fresh cup of juice should be enough right? 

"A thank you meal, how typical of you." Adam's voice disturbed the silence of the house surprising me 

"He deserves way more." I murmured honestly 

"He is your new prince in shinning armors right?" Adam questioned as he came and sat on the table 

"You can say that." I announced with a smile because Axel does deserve such title