Escape

None of the personalities had visited me ever since Patricia came to warn me. If I couldn't talk to anyone then I wouldn't be able to escape this place. Not even Hedwig visited me. Scratching the wall behind me I soon realize that it's drywall. And in most rooms there's a vent or something maybe there's a hole or vent somewhere here. Noticing that the drywall is reasonably new looking.

There's a glimmer of hope for me that wouldn't involve having the personalities trusting me too much. I knock on the bathroom side not hearing any opening space. Then moving the bed so I can start off knocking on the ceiling. Still the same dull sound. I just need to hear an echo and then that can be my possible escape from this place. I knock in he middle of the ceiling and there's a loud echo. My body completely freezes up when I hear the loud echo. I stand there in shock. I having just found my escape route. But I have nothing to tear apart the drywall. I quickly look around the room. Seeming nothing. There's a glass in the bathroom that I can use to make dents in the drywall so I can easily break it. I run and grab it and start hitting the ceiling with the glass. Soon the glass breaks up into pieces cutting part of my hand making it bleed. But yet I still go on tearing off pieces of the drywall. Breathing faster as more of the metal vent is being revealed the more I tear off.

Just as I throw the metal vent covering onto the ground the other door opens.
"Hey, what are you doing?" Hedwig asks from the outside. I quickly run to the door holding it down. I can't let him see or else someone else will take over the light making my escape mission blown. Hedwig tries to open the door but can't because of my weight stopping him.
"Come on this isn't funny!" He complains pushing harder. At some points he is able to crack open the door but I immediately close it again.
Hedwig grunts and starts to get annoyed with me like what any other 9 year old would do. Then he stops pushing the door open. Thinking that it was another identity coming into the light I run back over the the bed and jump trying to get my way into the went. Struggling a bit but my will to survive keeps me going. I painfully climb into the vent. The cut on my hand bleeding even more because of the metal vent brushing up against my cut.

A part of me is happy that I had found a way out but not knowing what to expect. Not knowing which identity I'm going to meet. I make my way to another vent pushing the metal cover down again I jump down onto the hard cement but still in the building. Only pipes managing something run. As I decide which way I should go.

"Hey!" Dennis' voice is heard coming from one side so I immediately run the other way. I can't get caught or who know what would happen to me. I can't blow my chance. If I just loose him in the building then maybe I will be able to escape or find a way out. There's a bunch of metal lockers aligned up on the wall. Thinking quickly knowing that Dennis can't be too far behind me I get into one of the lockers. Only seeing the outside from the three slits in the locker. My breathing stats to get unsteady, trying to calm myself down so my breaths can't be heard from the outside.  A figure which is Dennis' runs past the lockers. Having a sigh of relief that I had just lost him. But that only lasted for a few moments. A face appears in front of the three slits in the locker.

"I thought I lost you," he says looking in through the slits. Now the nervousness and anxiety sets in again.
"Please step out," he says finishing buttoning up his grey shirt.

I just stand inside too scared to move. "I'm not going to ask again, Casey. Step out of the locker," he says looking at the locker. He sounds more annoyed. I get outside of the locker. I failed and I could possibly lengthened the time I will be in here for because of this.

"You shouldn't trick children. It says a lot about you," he says. Somehow he seems sad, he seems different.Then I remembered what Patricia said that he's not allowed to touch me or something like that.

"You are very stupid if you think you can escape, you are sacred food," Dennis says looking at me.
My lip starts to tremble as I am trying to hold back the tears from being so scared.
"Please, just let me go," I cry feeling the warm tears slide down my face.
"Please," I say feeling this was possibly the last time I would ever come close to escaping.

He doesn't respond but seems fixated on my hand. Confused I look down at it remembering that I had cut my hand.
"You're hand. It's bleeding," he says cringing at how dirty it is now.

He reaches into his pocket thinking that it's probably something to wipe up the blood with but just in an instant the chloroform spray gets sprayed in my face. Startled I breathed in as my body became limp and the world around me began to get darker and darker.

Come on Casey! This is our favorite game, we always play this. Casey if you don't come and play I'll tell your dad you were being bad.

Then I suddenly jerk up from the flashback. I have a slight headache. I'm back in the plain room that I've tried escaping from twice but just failed. Getting more scared on the longer I was here for since Dennis had mentioned about me being sacred food. Food for who? Just the thought of someone eating another person disgusts me. It sends shivers down my spine. I look down at my hand that had been cut. It was bandaged by someone while I was knocked out.

The inside light turns on indicating that the second door has opened. I sit up straight wondering which personality it is. Id surely want to talk to Dennis since he was the one who yet again drugged me making me pass out. The wooden door opens showing that it is Dennis.

He closes the door and stands there looking at me.
After a few moments I break the silence. "What? You're not going to say anything?" I ask looking at him.

"Patricia has reminded me not to be manipulated by you," He says. Then reaching for the doorknob.
"Really? That's all you have to say? Plus you shouldn't even trust Patricia and what she says. She's trying to manipulate you," I say gaining his attention. He takes his hand off the doorknob.

"Stop trying to test me, Casey. You don't understand what is going on. Clearly you filthy teenagers don't understand much these days," Dennis says. These words sound like something Patricia would say. Then Dennis leaves quickly. I knew I had to think of a new plan. I don't know how much time I have left.

So just to clear some things up I will be using a few pieces of Casey's backstory from the movie. I'll be adding in a few different backstories from her childhood, and obviously the Casey in this book has a different personality than from the movie. There are some changes that I've made her her character just to fit the theme of the story. Please leave feedback. Vote please! Add this to your library so you'll always know when I'll update! See you guys in the next chapter!

-llvevo