Helpless

There was only darkness. I tried moving but it was no use. My eyes were open but I couldn't see anything. My screams were muffled as they echoed against the walls. I was restrained my arms and legs tied down unable to move. Pain inflicted my right leg. The feeling felt so real that it had woken me up.

I jolted upward feeling myself dripping in sweat. Still the pain in my leg continued as I thought that I was still dreaming. What had felt like water running down my leg was blood. I investigated through the darkness feeling the warm substance all over my hands. I started shaking as I smelt the metallic sent. I quickly rummage through the cluttered nightstand drawer. Pulling out a handgun I had hidden inside the drawer. My hands still shaking as affected area went numb and started to tingle.
I held out the gun in front of me as I listened for anyone. I reached over to the light and switched on the light.

No one was there. I placed the bloody gun next to me as I looked at cut. It was not very deep but it was still bleeding. I placed my hand on the nightstand placing my left leg down and helping myself up. Only using my upper body strength to hold me up. Every move made more blood run down my leg. The pain was unbearable as the numbing rubbed off as I moved around.
I yelped in pain as I fell to the ground. The wooden floor around me soaked in the red substance. I whimpered in pain as I tried crawling my way somewhere. Only inflicting more pain upon my body. My leg tensed up every time I tried moving. I crises in pain as my tears mixed in with the blood around me. I felt lightheaded being surrounded by my own blood.

Quick footsteps coming from the hall were heard dashing towards me. I tried reaching for the gun since I had no idea who was dashing towards me.
"Oh!oh!oh! Casey are you alight? I- uh oh my gosh I don't know what to do, et cetra. I-I'll go get Dennis!" Hedwig's familiar voice says as I look up to see the frightened child. He soon disappears but shortly coming back as a different personality.

"W-what happened?" Dennis asks. I look at him. "I don't know. Go get Ella and make sure she's sleeping and also call 911," I say in between my short breaths. I've been having trouble keeping myself calm during this situation.

Dennis quickly runs off to Ella's room. I took another look at my leg. Closing my eyes because of the horrific sight. The bleeding wasn't as bad as before but there still was a throbbing sensation.
Dennis walks back over to where I am. His eyes filled with disgust.

Who did this and most importantly how did this happen? While waiting for the ambulance my mind goes off into different scenarios on what could've happened. The only thing that was odd was that no one was around me or was in the house when I woke up.

-a few hours later-

I had I.V's in my arm and was laying in the hospital bed. I had been stitched up. Although I'm fine now the question still lingered who did this? My only assumption was that a personality was able to slip into the light and did this. But who? All of the personalities are nice and wouldn't do this to me. Unless it was that new personality that Dennis had talked about earlier? It couldn't of been. I don't even know if this new personality is real. This thought stayed with me until I was released from the hospital under strict rules that I cannot do much walking or any use of my leg.

It hurt me having Ella leave me to go stay at Amy close friends house. Although she'll have much more fun there since she has children of her own there as well.
Dennis still stayed in my home. We haven't talked much since there's really nothing to talk about. It was kind of awkward at some points. I felt bad for Dennis knowing that he can't have that feeling of being a dad since Ella doesn't know the truth on who this random man is. I too felt bad for Ella since she hasn't grown up with a fatherly figure that I had before he had died. Then everything went to shit for me. Somehow I'm reliving my life through Ella. Aside from all of this depressing secret stuff I still had no idea why Dennis was here. To travel all the way from Philadelphia to Colorado is pretty far. H did give a brief explanation but I'm still confused on why he's here.

"Sorry to interrupt but someone was calling your phone," Dennis calls at the doorway. "Oh my bad who was it?" I asked clearing my thoughts.

"It was just your friend checking up on you."

"Oh."

Before Dennis could leave I decided to finally have a talk with him. A talk where both of us will get answers from.
"Wait. Before you go maybe we should talk?" I offer. He walks over to me and sits on the edge of the bed. Although I would try and sit up but it could rip out my stitches if I attempted to do that. Instead I leaned my back against the headboard.

"How's the others?" I ask curious on how everyone else is doing since I haven't talked to any of them.
"They're okay," Dennis says as she straightens out.

"I mean like how are you staying in the light for so long?" I ask curious on how none of the other personalities have butted in on any conversations.

"We became more civilized. but the other personalities do get the light," He says looking at me.
Maybe one of the new personalities came into the light and did this? I've already gone through the situation but I've never actually asked Dennis about it.

"Can this new personality you were talking about come into the light too?" I ask curiously cautiously stepping around the question. Hoping that I won't start any anger in Dennis.

"Uh it can," Dennis says nervously. Why would he be so nervous all of a sudden? Sometimes I wished I knew what was going on inside their heads. Maybe then I would have a better understanding on what's happening.

"What's wrong?" I ask the nervous man. It was quiet for a few moments. Nothing moving or talking. Then Dennis spoke.

"The new personality. He's the one who did this to you."

So sorry for the late chapter! I've been stressing out over school since they're throwing a bunch of work at us on the last week:(

book related
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 14K READS!
So excited for summer break then I'll finally be able to catch up on sleep and finally write more! There's so many ideas I have that I want to make happen so I finally can!

Next week and maybe this week I'll be doing some Instagram lives on my Instagram so you can tune in if you want and ask me questions and whatnot! Anyways thank you for reading!
Vote comment and follow me!

Love you all
-llvevo