Temptation

It all started with an attraction. That's how this mess started. I had triggered a snowball affect and it is now catching up on me. My actions has now put everyone in danger. Just because of a dumb girl's supposed "great plan" all those words I said all those people I had trusted all somehow will come back and backstab me. But they always say. Actions speak louder than words. And that is where I messed up.

I didn't quite understand the need of the 25th identity. I had a better understanding what it is fully capable of, but how much did it know about me? Did it know everything that I've gone through? Is that why it has me locked in my own home? I had questions that could only be answered by this identity. I haven't actually gone face to face with it but only when it had slashed my leg.

It was almost a week ever since I went outside of this house. It made me miss the wind and the sun. Although I couldn't wait until I could return back to a normal life. Possibly with Dennis if things go well.

I had a lot of time to think. I had thought about everyone who I had met and had some sort of relationship with. If it's either a friendship or a romantic relationship. I wondered what happened to Joshua? What happened after he supposedly was let free? I never actually ran into him anywhere nor ever found him on social media. My memory is a bit hazy but I do remember kissing him and possibly saying some things I didn't mean.

It was the middle of the night when I get awakened by the wooden door opening. The bright outside lights shine through as I squint trying to adjust my eyes. I'm only half awake so I don't bother asking who it is. I close my eyes pretending that they're not there. The light stays on but there there wasn't any movement. I still pretended to be sleeping. I slowly start to become fully awake.
"Who's there?" I mumble turning over into my back still with my eyes closed.

"Don't worry. This will only take a minute," Dennis' voice is heard hovering above me.
"What?" I open my eyes but then im fighting for air. This all felt like daisavu. Whoever's hand that was around my neck tightening up the more I squirm around. I latch one of my hands onto their arm.

"You lied," Dennis' voice was heard again. It became evident that it was Dennis who was doing this.
"What do you mean? Let go of me, Dennis!" I whimper. My throat relaxed and I was able to breathe a few breaths. After getting no response I push his arm which makes him let go of my neck. I sit up and try get him away from me. This all felt way too familiar to me. I was still blinded by the light which resulted in me falling over. Which makes Dennis fall over as well.

Before he was able to stand up and strangle me again I desperately crawl over and get on top of him.
"Tell me. What's going on?" I question holding him down. Although the could easily throw me off of him and strangle me I took my chances. My hands and body was shaking from the adrenaline rush.
He chuckled and shook his head.
"He told me everything. Everything you said about us to that kid Joshua," Dennis hissed. My heart dropped to my stomach.

"Am I really nothing to you? That you thought that you could just use me to escape?"

I couldn't look at Dennis anymore.
"That was so long ago. Things are-" he had cut off what I was saying.
"He also told me that you had kissed him. You had said before all those things that made me trust you." He shook his head again. I closed my eyes as I regretted everything that my younger self had done. Right when I had lost focus on trying to detain Dennis he had took his chance and pushed me off him. I kept my eyes closed feeling them build up with tears that were ready to slide down my face.

Dennis had put me in a choke lock which made it almost impossible for me to escape from. His arm was only slightly tightened around my neck. His chest was right up against my back and I could feel every breath he took.