Family

(read to the end for info)

I had been taken to the hospital to take care of my wounds. After a few days of just rest I was able to go back home. I made arrangements for Ella to he dropped off this evening. I found myself tidying the house pretending nothing ever happened. I haven't told Dennis or anyone about Ella's soon arrival in a few hours. Although I do plan on telling right after I get everything in order. I wasn't too sure how Ella would react to finding out who her dad was. Or knowing that there's more than one person who lives in the body.

I didn't need to worry about anything wanting to kill me anymore. Barry had told me that everything is fine and I didn't need to worry. Which made me reassured that I didn't need to always be on edge. We could finally be a family. It still amazed me on how just last week I had no freedom, no energy.

It's like a night and day difference. I had seen a difference in a lot of the personalities. Patricia no longer had a hatred towards me. Hedwig no longer kept secrets from me, well most of the time. Barry continued sketching out designs and complimenting me on how I would match his designs. Orwell occasionally told me history lesions which I totally zoned out on. Dennis had become less upset all the time and began to not worry about messes although they sometimes bother him.

I went out to buy decorations to put in the spare room that I had stayed in. Hoping that it won't resemble how it used to look when I was locked in there. I wanted to re-arrange everything in the house but it will have to wait until I'm fully healed. Meanwhile I sat in my now shared room with all of the personalities. I read books to pass the time.

"You have to take your medicine now," Dennis said handing me my pills and a glass of water. I had been put on antibiotics and pain relievers. I absolutely hated them since they made me externally tired. Although the side affects wouldn't start showing until hours hater. I gulped down my medicine quickly just to get it over with.

"Dennis, before you leave I need to tell you something," I say sitting up straighter. He looked at me and sat at the edge of the bed. "You better think of something to say to hot daughter tonight." I spoke with a grin. It had took him a few seconds to understand what I had just said.

"You mean she's coming here. Tonight?" Dennis asks looking all perky. I smile and nod my head. He smiles back. It was a smile I hadn't seen in a long time. It was a genuine smile that I missed. I hugged him kissing his cheek.
"You don't need to worry. She'll love you," I say looking at the worry in his eyes.
"She's just like you," I smile again. He forms a slight smile upon his face.

"Come, help me cook dinner," I say sitting up. He lends me a hand pulling me to my feet. I limp over to the kitchen and think of what to make. I thought of something and made Dennis help or at least for a while until someone else went into the light.
"Ah, cooking. The others never liked my cooking," Barry said.

"Hi Barry," I say going back to what I was doing. "You look wonderful. I like that shirt. It matches you." He compliments. I smile as he begins to complain about fashion and talk about his new ideas. It always bored me but it was somewhat relaxing.

After cooking to pass the time I went to go and take a shower. I knew that in just an hour my life would change. Ella's life would change. Everyone's would. I was scared but I knew I was ready. I could tell that whenever Dennis was in the light he seemed antsy. I was wondering what he was thinking about.

"Are you alright?" I ask him. I sit beside him. "Just wondering if this is something I should be doing."

"Look, don't be nervous. She's been wanting a dad for a long time. You're her father, she'll instantly love you."