Mindful

So it was true. This new personality is real. My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach. I wanted to know more about this personality that has harmed me. But I couldn't get any more answers from Dennis. I had notified my friend to keep Ella for a while. I had made up an excuse just so she could keep her longer. I didn't want anyone to get hurt and I honestly don't know what will happen to me. All I could do was wait until I face this monster who has put me and everyone else in danger.

-days later-

I was constantly thinking about this personality. I need answers so I need to confront Dennis. My cut in my leg had healed up and I couldn't walk. It look me a while to get used to walking again. I went and found Dennis to try and get answers from him again.

"I want to know more about this personality," I demand.
"I uh can't tell you much," he says. I start to get frustrated as we begin to go in circles. He doesn't give me a clear answer on anything I ask.

"Just tell me! I deserve to know. Cause if you ever want to be Ella's father you need to tell me now," I snap getting furious with this man.

"I'm sorry but this is what he wants me to do," Dennis says softly as he covers his mouth and nose. He sprayed an anesthetic causing me to black out.

The muffled sound of a school bell rang. I jolted up to look for Ella. She found my car and got into the backseat buckling herself in. Her smile was from ear to ear.
"Why do you only pick me up? All of my friends have their daddy's pick them up," she asks curiously.
"Don't worry Ella. Cause all of their mommys are busy but I'm going to always be here to pick you up," I smile. Ella's soft laugh was heard behind me.

I woke up sweating. Jolting upward I saw a familiar room. In fact this was in my own house. I was in the spare room I gave Dennis to use. There were no windows. The door was closed and was locked. My head was spinning still trying to take in anything. Why would Dennis do this? And what did he mean by he made me do this? Was he referring to this new personality?

The door opened up and showed Dennis who I had last remembered seeing. I ran towards the door hoping to get past him and lock him in there instead. But Dennis had caught me by the arm and pushed me back inside.

"Stop," he commanded looking at me. I shook my head in disappointment in him.
"You can't lock me in my own home," I snap having do respect for Dennis right now.

"He wants me to do this. I have to follow directions," he says in a softer tone.
"Don't do it. Think of Ella she wouldn't want her father to do this," I cry. Dennis' look softens as he slowly looks at the ground.

"We can live a happy life. Together. If you just don't listen to whoever is telling you to do this," I beg sliding to the floor. I sit there looking up at Dennis. "I'm trying. I really am. Just don't make this so difficult," Dennis sniffles. I stand up with open arms as I wrap my arms around Dennis as he does to me.

"We'll get through this. All of this will be over and things can get normal," I whisper nuzzling my face into his neck.
Still my answers weren't answered yet but I'm sure answers will reveal themselves on their own. Dennis had to leave soon after but during that hug. I was able to snatch his phone. I held it in my hands wondering what to do with it.

It was unlocked and didn't need any password. I went through every email that was sent and every text that was sent. Nothing much on it. But I was able to call people. I won't call anyone unless it's something I really need to do. Although I'm sure Dennis or someone will be back later to come get the phone back. Meanwhile I I went through everything hoping to come across anything that would say something about this new personality.

The search was useless. Nothing about this harmful personality was found. I wish I had found something that would've helped me but things don't always work out the way you want it to. I sat there hoping that some miracle would happen and another personality would come into the light and tell me about this personality. Or maybe even better this so called new personality would come into the lift and face me. But why does Dennis have to keep me locked up? In my own home? This was flat out confusing and I couldn't put the puzzle pieces together.

I felt so frustrated with myself. I just wanted some answers. Hours later the door finally opened again. But it wasn't Dennis who was in the light. It was Hedwig. A smile came across my face as I was reunited with him.

"You're actually back!" Hedwig said as he came closer to me.

"I thought they all were lying when they said Casey was back. But you're actually here!" Hedwig said excitedly. I'm sure Hedwig is still nine since I don't think personalities age.

"Hedwig I know we just got reunited but do you think you could answer some questions?" I ask hoping I could manipulate him.

"Ouh ok. But not too many cause I'm tired."

"Okay. so do you know about this new personality?" I ask hoping that Hedwig will spill some information on him.

"Oh him! He's suppose to be able to change your mind. He promised all of us that. Et cetra," Hedwig stops.

"Oh wait. I'm not suppose to tell you this. Forgot everything I said," the child frantically says.

Change what about me? What have I decided on? Why is this so important? I have no idea but I intend  on finding out. The plan with Hedwig failed but I'm sure he will come around soon so I could ask him more questions. But still I had no idea of this new personality's plans for me.

15k reads already? DAMN! Well my graduation is tomorrow so yay? I'll post some pictures on here or in a new update. But I hope you guys are enjoying this book! I have some pretty cool plans made for this book so please stay tuned!

Anyways I'm tried so I'll keep this short! Please vote and comment feedback! Add this book to your library so you'll always know when I update! Follow me so you'll always know when I update an old chapter!

Love you all!

-llvevo