The Coma

It was another normal day in the life of Steve Rogers, former Captain America. At least that's what he thought it would be. A normal day.

Every day he wakes up early, leaves the children at school, go to work, pick the kids and go to the hospital to visit Natasha. Steve pray everyday for her to wake up from the coma. She has been this way for one year, since the tragic accident that put her in a coma.

Steve was on his way to the school to pick up the kids again. Steve received a call that would change the routine of his days. It was from the hospital.

- Mr. Rogers?

S: It's me. What happened? Is it Natasha? What happened to her?

- Relax, sir. Rogers. She's fine, we're calling to tell you that she woke up.

Steve parked in front of the school and he had to lean against the seat, hearing this news. He has waited so long for this to happen. He couldn't even believe what he was hearing, part of him had given up, the doctors thought she wasn't going to wake up any longer. He remained positive by his children.

- Mr. Rogers? Are you on the line? Are you there, Mr. Rogers?

S: Yes... Yes, I am. Thank you. I'll get my kids and I'll go as fast as I can. Thank you.

Steve hung up the phone and sighed.

Steve looked to the entrance of the school and James was already there waiting for him. Steve honked and James came running.

James was six years old now.

J: Dad!

S: Hi champ, come on in. Let's get Sarah in the other entrance.

James got in the car and took his backpack off, while Steve drove a few yards to reach the nursery door. It was the same school as James, but because it's a day care center, the entrance is separate. Steve got out of the car and went to the entrance waiting for Sarah to leave.

There were several mothers at the nursery door, waiting for their children. The mothers are always flirting with Steve, and they admire him because he is always the one who come bring and take Sarah. So a man like this, and handsome like that, is the dream of those mothers. Steve is always embarrassed, with the looks they give to him.

- Steve, this weekend, we're having a little party for Johnny. I want you to come. And bring Sarah and James, of course.

S: Thank you, but their mother just wake from the coma today. I think she won't be attending to any party yet.

The woman couldn't even disguise the disappointment she felt with the news.

- Really? Wow, that's... Good. The kids will be happy.

S: Yeah, sorry for not being able to go. We go on the next.

- Of course.

Steve is naive and doesn't notice when they are flirting with him.

The bell of the nursery rang and the teachers brought the children in rows.

Steve was watching the 3-year-old Sarah in line. She is so little, so young, he hates to leave her in a nursery, but he needs to work, since he refuses the money the government insists on paying him for services that he made for the world.

In addition, in the nursery, Sarah would have contact with female teachers and ease the lack of a mother in her life. Well, at least, that's what he thought.