Truths - Part 2

A month and a half. This is the time that Natasha is in an induced coma due to her fragile situation.

Today, Fury and Hill were in the hospital, accompanying Cho to inform Steve about the health of Natasha and the babies.

Fury: Captain? Could you come out here for a minute?

Steve, who was still in Natasha's room, got up from the couch and went into the hall. Hill looked at Steve's expression, it had no despair, it had concern and he seemed very calm with all that is happening, and this is not normal for Steve.

Cho closed the bedroom door and led Steve into another room. Hill and Fury accompanied them.

Cho: Steve, Hill talked to me about the abortion, that Natasha stated that she wants that.

Hill watched Steve, but his face was focused, as if he were only using reason at the moment, which is very rare, since that when it is about Natasha, he only thinks with his heart.

S: Are the babies killing her?

Cho: N-no... that was not what I was going to say.

Cho was surprised by the direct question.

Cho: They... They make her more fragile indeed, but we're managing to control her and the babies' health. She is more than three months now and having an abortion now, it would be a bit risky, since she is too weak at the moment, but you being the father... You can decide if we interrupt as she wants.

Steve heard Cho and walked to a corner of the room, he folded his arms and seemed to be thinking. Everyone respected the silence and the time Steve needed.

S: If she remaings pregnant, will she be okay?

Cho: Based on the tests and the response that she has given to the treatment we are doing, yes, she will be fine.

Steve took a deep breath and shook his head. He didn't think in anything else for the month that passed. As much as he hates abortions, that's what she's already decided, and he's not sure whether or not he has the right to authorize it.

He feels as if the twins were his children and allowing this to occur, it hurts him too much, and on the other hand, he does not want to impose the pregnancy on Natasha.

The anger he feels about her for not wanting the babies increased every day, even though she was in a coma and that changed his feelings and his way of acting.

Cho: You seem in doubt.

S: Yes. I want the babies, but she doesn't. It's complicated to decide without her.

F: Captain... She wants it.

Steve looked at Fury, surprised.

F: She won't say that, tho, she would never admit it, and maybe she doesn't know, but she wants the babies.

H: That's true.

F: She aborted Clint's child once.

S: I know.

F: She discovered the pregnancy in the morning and in the afternoon she was no longer pregnant. It was quick and easy like that. She discovered this pregnancy and didn't end it.

H: I'm her friend, Steve. I know her, maybe better than you. If she wanted to take them off, she would have taken them off. At first, she didn't want to have James too, but then she loved him immensely.

S: So, do you think if she was awake she would keep them?

F: I think she was going to say she would not keep it, but she would come up with countless excuses to postpone the abortion until someone said that abortion would no longer be possible. Myself, I offered to help her and she turned it down promptly. She is in doubt because she wants the babies.