Losses

Steve spent the next few hours in a long bath in the tub, he just sat for hours in there, letting the hot water comfort his body.

Steve ran a hand through his hair and heard the phone of the house ring. Steve got up and wiped himself, he wrapped a towel around his waist and went into the living room to answer the phone.

S: Yes?

C: Steve Rogers?

S: Yes. Who's that? Cindy?

C: Yes, Mr. Rogers, it's me, you said you would get the kids early.

Steve forgot the schedule, he was reflecting on Natasha and lost track of time.

S: I'm so sorry, Cindy. I'm going to pick them right now.

C: No need, I'm getting there now. I just wanted to make sure that you're at home.

Cindy hung up.

Steve heard the doorbell ring, he opened the door and Cindy looked at him in amazement because Steve was only with the towel hiding his parts.

Cindy blushed and handed Sarah who was sleepy for Steve.

S: I'm sorry, Cindy about the delay and...

C: Mr. Rogers...

Cindy sighed and gesticulated for Steve to wait.

C: You know that I really love the kids, but when you and Natasha disappear like that, it really mess up with my life. I have a lot of stuff to do, I'm at an important stage in college right now. Do you have any idea of how many classes I have lost because I had to be with them for you? I should be graduating this year, but... God knows when I will be able to graduate now.

S: Cindy, I know all of that. We are always taking too much of your time, I'm so sorry for that, it won't happen again.

C: It really won't, because I can't take care of them anymore.

James looked at Cindy and she looked at him briefly and looked away

S: Cindy, what are you talking about? You can't take care of them anymore because of my delays? I understand your frustration and you're absolutely right, but I'm sure we can get to an agreement about that...

C: No, Mr. Rogers, I'm sorry.

J: Cindy?

James was desperate with that talk, he already lost his mom for one year, now she is here, but with no memories, e and also Cindy wants to leave him.

S: They love you, Cindy. They are already used to you. They need you.

Cindy shrugged her shoulders and held herself so she wouldn't cry. She made negative with her head.