The Chloe Story

Laura: Let's go in, children?

Laura took James and Sarah's hand and led them into the house. As they entered, Laura closed the door and noticed that both James and Sarah were very quiet.

Sarah: What happened?

L: Your sister is a bit sick, but you don't have to worry.

J: If she's okay, why did she have to go to the hospital?

Sarah: And why was Mommy crying? I don't like it when she cries, I feel sad.

L: Because your mommy was nervous, it's normal. We stay this way when someone we love feels bad, it's normal, okay? And, James, they're just going to the hospital to make sure she's okay.

J: Do you think Lindsay will be all right, then?

L: Yes, I think so. Now, why don't you watch some TV?

Sarah: Daddy does not allow it before doing homework.

L: All right, I will not tell him. Come on, I'm going to prepare some delicious hot chocolate for us.

Laura winked and the kids went to the couch to watch some cartoon.

...

Inside the car, Natasha would look back every minute to check if the babies were okay.

S: Nat? Do you remember what Cho said? The babies can feel your tension, try to stay calm.

N: What do you think I am doing?? I'm trying!

S: I know you are trying, I'm just remembering.

N: She's fine now, isn't she?

Steve looked at her briefly and nodded.

Half an hour later, they arrived at the hospital, Cho received them her office.

N: S-she, she was just nursing and suddenly she was not breathing anymore.

Natasha explained the situation.

S: I think the device didn't work.

Cho was listening to Lindsay's heartbeat and her breathing, Cho's face showed concern.

N: What is it?

Cho: I'll ask for an X-ray.

N: What? Why?

Cho: To know if something is keeping her from breathing, her breathing is still very weak and her heart is racing too fast.

S: What does that mean?

Cho: Let's wait for the exam result. Stay here.

Cho asked the nurse to led Lindsay's cradle to the examination room.

Natasha couldn't sit still while she waited the exams results, she held Nick tight and rocked him more than usual.

N: I will never forgive myself.

S: Forgive what?

N: About the sharp pains I felt when I was pregnant and I didn't tell anyone.

Natasha shook her head and walked around the room.

N: I should have done something. I think that's what caused that, it's my fault. My fault. I'm so sorry.

S: Natasha, this will not help now.

Steve and Natasha stayed almost one hour in Cho's office, waiting.