A Little Black Widow

As soon as the jet landed at the base of the Avengers, the Avengers said goodbye to each other and parted to go home.

Steve followed Natasha down the hall.

S: Natasha?

Natasha stopped and turned to him.

S: I'll get the kids, will you come with me?

N: Yeah. I'll follow you in my car.

S: Alright.

Steve got in the car just as Natasha got into hers. Steve headed for Cindy's house and Natasha went right behind him.

Steve and Natasha went to the door of Cindy's house and rang the doorbell. After a few minutes, Cindy opened the door.

Cindy: Hello, guys!

Cindy greeted Steve and Natasha.

Cindy: KIDS! Your parents here!

S: Did they give you a lot of work?

Cindy: Just the usual.

James had a toy sword in his hand and he came up running to the door, like a rocket, from the kitchen and screaming.

J: DAAAAD!

James jumped on Steve's lap and Natasha was feeling dislocated with all this situation, it was as if she was again in the picture of the perfect family and she is not like that and this frightens her.

James stepped down from Steve's lap and hugged Natasha, who smiled at him and handed his gift.

N: This is for you.

J: Oh cool! Thanks, mom.

Cindy's grandmother was approaching in an electric wheelchair, with Sarah sitting on her lap.

Steve looked at Sarah and held out his arms, but Sarah hugged Cindy's grandmother and turned her face away.

S: Well, I thought you were missing dad.

Sarah: I don't want to leave.

S: But aren't you missing Dad and Mom?

Sarah nodded.

Sarah: But I want to stay with Grandma.

- Oh my little angel, don't worry Grandma will always be here for you whenever you want. But your father and your mother misses you very much and you must go home to hug them very tight to your heart.

Sarah: Can I come back to see grandma?

S: Sure, Sarah.

N: I thought you would want this thing I brought.

Natasha took the doll out of the bag, Sarah peered sideways and raised her eyebrows.

Sarah came down from Cindy's grandmother's lap and walked over to Natasha, but she stretched her arms asking for her lap.

Natasha sighed and rolled her eyes.

N: I thought you would want the doll.

Natasha picked Sarah up.

Sarah: The doll.

N: But you...

S: She misses her mother first.

Steve handed the doll to Sarah who hugged the doll.

Sarah laid her head on Natasha's shoulder.