What Happened to Sarah?

In the car on the way home, Steve drove silently and seriously. Sarah looked at Steve in the rearview mirror.

Sarah: Daddy?

Steve was too upset, not with Sarah, but with James and Natasha. He ignored her because he was not patient at the moment.

Sarah: Daddy?

Sarah understood Steve's silence, she looked down and remained quiet, even when they arrived at home. By then Sarah had fallen asleep. Steve just laid Sarah on her bed and went to the hallway.

Steve looked at James' room and he was feeling uncomfortable for James saying that he wants to stay with Natasha, after he been taking care of him for all this time.

Steve sighed and went into his bedroom.

During the night Sarah woke up and called for Steve. Steve woke up and looked at the hour. It was too early for Sarah to wake up and he still does not have the mood to deal with her now. Steve decided to ignore her, even though Sarah started crying.

Steve knows that Sarah doesn't leave her room at night alone because she is afraid of the dark. Steve waited a few more minutes and Sarah stopped crying, then Steve closed his eyes and slept again.

In the morning when Steve woke up, he was already feeling better. Especially because he came to the conclusion that James would only spend one night more with Natasha, he would be back today and be with him for the resto of the week.

Steve got up and looked down the hall, the silence indicating that Sarah was still asleep. Steve decided to take a shower before he woke her to school.

As soon as he got out of the shower and got dressed, Steve knocked on Sarah's bedroom door and opened the door.

S: Sarah? Baby, let's wake up? It's school time.

Steve went to the kitchen and made Sarah's breakfast and bottle. As he set the breakfast on the table, he looked down the hall and heard no movement from Sarah. Steve went back to the bedroom and saw that Sarah hadn't even moved.

S: Sarah? We have to go to school, come on, princess.

Steve walked in and approached the bed.

S: Sarah?

Steve looked over at the other side of the bed and noticed that the floor was filled with vomit, Steve's heart sped up.

S: Sarah??

Steve saw that she didn't move, he leaned against her forehead and Sarah was with high fever

S: Sarah? Sarah? Talk to me, baby. Sarah?

Steve shook her lightly and Sarah was sweating but with no reaction at all. Steve was desperate and feeling very sorry for ignoring her calls at night.