We Can Try

Natasha decided to stay away from both Bucky and Steve, for the rest of the night, to not create any problems, especially being Christmas Eve and having her children in there. Maria Hill, who is her closest friend and almost her boss at work, said about not hurting Steve's feelings. Hill mentioned it just two or three times, but for Natasha it's like she had said 100 times, so she kept that in mind, almost if it was a mission.

Natasha stayed close to Hill and later, Pepper and Jane joined them to talk. Hill was having a Martini and she couldn't look away from both Sam and Bucky.

N: Wow, Hill. When you're drunk you can't disguise when you're flirting.

H: I'm not disguising, I'm making a request for Santa.

N: God... With Sam or Bucky?

H: Both, I guess.

N: You're such a slut.

Hill took the drink by the straw, smiling, and the others laughed. Hill looked at Jane.

H: And so... Jane... Thor huh?

Jane blushed because Hill's tone indicated sarcasm.

H: Tell us...

Jane: Oh I have nothing to say.

N: Nothing? With a man of that size... C'mon!

H: Yeah, c'mon. Share the details.

Jane: Would you say about Steve, Natasha?

N: Depends about what you wanna know.

Natasha smirked and raised one eyebrow.

Jane was extremely red and she could only smile.

H: So, you, Pepper... Tell... Is Tony good on bed?

Sarah: Good on bed? I'm too, I like to sleep a lot.

They all looked down at Sarah, who was standing next to her mother and she is so discreet, that not even Natasha noticed when she approached them.

Sarah: What?

Pepper: Oh... Nothing, darling.

Jane: You're so big now, Sarah. And you're very beautiful, you look so much like your mother.

Sarah smiled.

N: Sarah, go play with the other kids, go.

Sarah shook her head and extended her arms to Natasha, Natasha automatically picked her up in her lap, even though she was snorting with rage.

N: How did I choose this life? Somebody tell me please! She just wants to be close to me, like all the time!

Pepper: That means she loves you.

Pepper squeezed Sarah's cheeks.

James came running to Natasha and hid behind her. Natasha looked at Hill.

N: See? It's like that, everyday...

Jane: They love you, Nat.

Hill laughed and watched Torunn come chasing after James.

Torunn: Let's play!

James didn't respond and tried to hide behind Natasha.

N: Go play with her, James.

Torunn: You don't to play with me? Fine! So I'm going to play with Sarah. Come on, Sarah.

Sarah came down from Natasha's lap and took Torunn to play with dolls in her bedroom. After a while, James ended up joining them.