CHAPTER 12

Jinxed

You stare at the emptiness, for a long time.. Happiness and peace filling your life in every way humanly possible. You rejoice as you keep staring, when suddenly the coin flips and the darkness gulps you in your entirety.

**

Some things are inevitable.

So many questions, so many lies, so many unknown facts..

As Khushi changed the gear of her car, millions of questions chased her on their own accord.

She wished she never came to Verman Hills.

She wished, her Dad was there with her today.

She wished, she had all the answers to those zillion questions, which made her life turn into something she had never even thought of in her worst nightmares.

"I wish, life was easy.."

As she increased the volume of the Bon Jovi track being played on the radio of her Chevy, she could give up anything to get rid of the thoughts that her mind was clouded with.

It continued raining like cats and dogs, and that added more to the monotony of this day.

.

8.40 am'

Taking a glance at her wrist watch, she hit the steering wheel with her tiny fist.

Of course, she was being dramatic, but effortlessly so.

She realized that she had already missed the first period of the day.

.

Perhaps, she needed to discuss everything with her mother.

Everything.

But she was too apprehensive about it.

Telling her even about a mild cough and cold meant staying in the house for days, resting and strict medications.

If she were to tell her about all the weird, uncanny things happening with her, Adrienne would probably consider making her stay at some asylum?

Or even worse, house arrest!

Or get into some serious psychological counseling.

Khushi cringed at the mere thought of all the hypothetical situations and their consequences.

There was no way she was risking anything by telling about it to anyone.

Some part of her even felt reluctant to discuss any of it with her best friends.

At least, not until I get a proper answer.'

She thought.

.

As she drove through those isolated roads covered with dense forests on either sides, her eyes fell on the wrist of her right hand that touched the steering wheel of the car.

.

The bracelet, perfectly fit, sat quietly yet regally on her wrist.

It seemed as if it was made for her.

Designed for her.

.

She smiled for no reason sighting it for a while, as she continued driving.