CHAPTER 22

Bewitched

Hailing from the spirit of love, a new feeling is inculcated within you when the vibrant colours bind you in its aura.

**

Fears of uncertainty never desert us, no matter what.

Its essence never faded in her life either, as she witnessed the endless road right ahead in front of her eyes, while she watched him patiently driving the car.

Every second that passed raised a new condition in her mind, which only questioned her instincts-

'What next?'

.

But at the same time, Arnav's countenance broke every pillar of fear and doubt that her vulnerable mind had created ever since she stepped into this new world.

For a change, it only bound her in a ground of immense happiness and excitement to decode every unknown thing, to face the living reality.

.

.

"What are you thinking?"

He broke the silence asking her the most obvious question while his hands remained settled on the car's steering wheel.

"Nothing.. Just wondering! Is this some sort of tradition?"

She replied, throwing another question back at him, her tongue in her cheek for that lame interrogation.

He grinned hearing her words and she only looked at him in anticipation, waiting for an answer.

.

.

"Umm..No.. Not at all. Just my wish."

He finally replied, making it all the more difficult for Khushi.

Nodding her head slightly, she smiled at him while he continued driving and she watched the atmosphere outside the car's window.

Calling it a co-incidence would be an understatement, as she watched the sun shining brightly today, a rare sight in this town for sure.

The sultry winds made it difficult to wonder that the town's sky was actually dominated by the black clouds every other day.

No clandestine meeting could scare her ever but this open challenge of meeting his family was definitely giving Khushi jitters.

She didn't know what new game destiny was working upon right now, but nevertheless, she was liking it.

"How far is it?"

She asked him in a soft voice.

"Almost there."

He replied, reciprocating the smile.

..

.

Khushi sighed as she felt a strange wave of uncertainty hit her again.

She was heading with the devil now, on his trajectory, not prepared about what she was going to come across while standing in his domain.

The overlapping thoughts didn't leave her mind when suddenly she felt the car screech to halt, bringing her out of her musings.

"We've reached."

Arnav smiled at her, as he reached the door at her side in no time and opened it for her.