CHAPTER 19

Invincible

As you learn new alphabets and begin composing a new rhyme, you reach too far in the new direction that suddenly, the old learning appears to be vague.

*

"Hey babe!"

Khushi turned her head in the direction where the voice came from.

.

"Hey!"

She replied, waving her hand at Rebecca who had her million-dollar broad smile plastered on her face.

Khushi reciprocated the smile as she grabbed a chair and sat beside her on the same table at the college cafeteria.

The day had been excessively long today.

Back to back classes and nothing interesting.

.

Nothing, apart from the theatrical, dramatic sequence that took place in the morning, when the devil and Khushi entered the college together, garnering raised eye brows from the crowds and of course, angry faces from most of the girls.

Khushi never knew anything like that was to come.

In a nutshell, all she wondered was only about Ree's reaction.

As in, how would she take it?

Being best friends since childhood, there had been hardly anything that they had kept from each other, and today suddenly she popped up with the most popular guy in the college out of the blue! It was totally unpredictable for Khushi to figure out what impact it would have on Rebecca.

.

.

But to her surprise, she didn't feel shocked at all.

Instead, she was so happy about it, as she welcomed the new change in Khushi's life with open arms.

A faint smile took over her face, as she recalled the scene from the morning when she had confronted Ree for her 'not at all surprised'' reaction on learning her latest update.

.

"..So you are not taken aback? Come on, give me a surprised reaction, Ree!"

Khushi had asked her this morning, slightly confused by her not-so-surprised look.

.

"What do you expect Khushi? I'm your best friend and I already knew about it."

Rebecca had replied, grinning at Khushi.

.

"Oh Really?"

Khushi had retorted, shrugging her shoulders while she shook her head defiantly.

.

Rebecca continued to give her the 24x7 grin, when she finally spoke after a brief pause,

"..Khushi, it was just so evident. The dude hardly talks to anyone but he signed up for a Salsa dance' with you and it doesn't take a genius like ME to understand, what's cookin' on between two people, you see.. Told ya I'm smart!!"

She had winked at Khushi as she completed her sentence, gesturing quotes in the air with her fingers.

.