CHAPTER 28

éternelle lune

The gravity of the Earth holds us no more, when the shimmering light of the moon takes over two souls.

**

The pitched black roads surrounded by the tall trees of the forests on either sides.

The moonlit sky, accompanied by the dazzling stars.

The cold breeze swaying the leaves of the trees in a gentle rhythm.

An aura that was indefinable.

And then the divine sight right beside her, with his hands on the steering wheel as he drove the car through the apparently endless road, glancing at her, at regular intervals.

Taking a deep breath, Khushi asked him once again,

"Please?"

.

He gave her that infamous smirk in return, slightly shaking his head in denial, taking advantage of that masculine charm that was infectious to her as she pouted her lips and muttered to herself,

"He's seriously not going to tell me anything. Devil!"

.

Khushi could bet he would have heard that as she watched him trying hard to control a laugh and concentrate on the driving, while she turned her face away to look outside the window, staring at the objects waving away as the car sped and all those tall trees continued to appear and disappear in fractions of seconds.

.

Like always, she hardly knew what was to come.

Maybe many things about her had changed in this span of time, but that didn't change this basic trait in her.

She still hated surprises.

Letting out a deep sigh, she tried to control her impatience, tried hard, tapping her feet and playing with the screens on her iPhone to keep herself distracted.

.

"You know we can talk. That's a better way to overcome your curiosity and keep you away from thinking where we are going."

Arnav spoke sarcastically in his husky voice, while she pursed her lips and gave him a glare, acting to completely ignore him and continued to bury her gaze into her mobile's screen while he finally couldn't control it anymore and chuckled at her antics.

.

.

The devil was really testing her patience.

And no matter what, he always turned out to be the winner!

She was still trying hard to endure the impatience when suddenly she felt him hitting the brakes and the car came to a screeching halt.

Finally.

Her lips parched in confusion while he undid his seat belt and opened his side of the door, coming to her side in a jiffy, offering her his hand.

For a moment, she felt a feeling of déjà vu take over her mind, recalling a similar situation when he had first taken her to the Sciarrone Mansion, to meet his family.