CHAPTER 39: The Dawn of the Dark

A prayer weaved with million wishes, a battle set to start, a long awakening awaits you today, so on this journey you shall embark.

.

As they walked out of the car, reaching close to their destination, the remaining of the path had to be covered on foot.

It was a new dawn, 6 a.m. in the morning as she checked her wrist witch yet again, but the weather today was saying otherwise.

As Arnav held her hand, and together they walked through the narrow paths in the woods in the outskirts of the southern region of Verman Hills, they were both quite oblivious to what was going to greet them in some time and how this day was going to determine what was going to be in store for them.

A future together, or no future at all.

They kept walking in silence, the only sound audible being the chirping of the Blue Jays that dwelled in the woods, soaring higher than the height of the tall trees that adorned the area.

It was only after a while that Arnav broke the prolonged silence and asked Khushi while walking hand in hand with her simultaneously,

''Are you feeling that cold?''

He hinted at the hood that she was wearing on her head alongside her casual sweatshirt and jeans.

Khushi rolled her eyes, stunned at his effort at levity at this hour and replied curtly,

''Yes, very much!''

Arnav smirked, adoring the sight of hers and just to tease her further, he added,

''Oh okay. I thought you were inspired by those American FBI themed shows, and you wanted to scream, 'DON'T MOVE, FBI! FBI! CLEAR' once you entered the castle, since your hoodie seems apt. for it!''

Khushi's mouth flung open as soon as she heard that and she smacked him on his arms, and would have gone further with that had Arnav not dodged it and said, ''Okay, okay! I am sorry!''

.

.

Even he didn't know when and how he ended up cracking such jokes with her, something he hadn't done in his entire life.

But maybe he just wanted to make the most of these moments with her, since what would come next could jeopardize a lot of things he cared for.

And so with a deep sigh, he held her hand yet again, and kept walking.

.

.

It had been 10 minutes that they had started walking and Khushi was already feeling restless, with no sign of the castle anywhere close.

She halted in her tracks, making Arnav stop too, as she looked around frantically, making Arnav look at her with a questionable gaze.

''What happened?''

He asked her while she stood silently, her face depicting she was feeling something.

She didn't give him any answer for a good 15 seconds and it was only after then that she darted her eyes everywhere and said in a voice barely audible,

''There are some other people here. I can feel it.''

.

.

Arnav looked around, following her gaze.

He didn't know why she was feeling something like that, because honestly, he wasn't.