CHAPTER 29: A Lost World

A deep dark hollow begins to consume you from within. So fierce is its hold that you begin to wonder will you be ever able to overpower it. But as the hour changes, the dominance keeps getting strengthened. You look for a way, you look for your light. But the light of your soul that once used to be your grace, your power, is nowhere to be found, because your sight and soul are both blinded, by your very own power. And from there, you lose your wings, the ones that once were your daylight, and from that very tick of the clock, the goodness averts. From that very moment, Satan begins to reside. 

Within you.

.

.

''Look at the boy!''

Every villager looked at the 8 year old boy, whose little hands were smeared with blood, yet his eyes showed a blank conjecture as he heard almost everyone around him murmuring to themselves.

''He is an abomination!''

Remarked one villager with a merchant's knife in his hand, while the others darted their eyes at him, and then at the little boy who sat isolated at one corner in the woods, his countenance showing absolutely nothing, but his eyes slowly conveying the curious set of thoughts embarking in his head as everybody put him under scrutiny.

''He's just a little boy! You cannot call him an abomination.''

Said one old lady, while the man with a repugnant look on his face looked at her and averred,

''You think so, old lady? The boy killed his own parents and today, he killed his foster family too. What more proof do you need to understand that he's a curse to the world of witches and warlocks?''

Everybody nodded in affirmation while the old lady looked at the small boy, his face too innocent to validate such a theory that he was the cause of his own parents' and his foster parents' deaths, but she knew very well that what the headstrong man averred was not completely wrong.

The prophecy was made long ago by one of the most powerful witches of her coven who had stated that this boy would prove to be the curse, a threat to the world of Spellcraft, because Satan resided in him.

Dare you get blinded

By the innocence dripping from his visage

Send a call you shall

For your death won't be a mirage

The devil dwells in him,

And in its time it shall unravel

Relinquish you must

Or be ready to face the evil.

She recalled Petunia's verses when she had made this prophecy about a boy who would wreak havoc in their supernatural world, but despite knowing Petunia was barely wrong in her predictions, she had refused to believe in her theory.

But today, when the entire village consisting of witches and warlocks had gathered here, mourning the loss of two beautiful souls in their world, who fortunately or unfortunately had adopted this little boy 8 years ago, when his own parents had died the moment he came into existence in this world.

The couple were barren and hence, had readily adopted this boy, but little did they know that the curse with which people believed he was born, would strike back, and that too eight years later.

''This boy should be condemned to death, before he causes any more deaths in this village!''

The man with the merchant's knife commanded while majority said ''Aye'' in compliance, while the old woman only shook her head.