CHAPTER 21

A Confession

The cold winds, accompanied by the symphonic chirping of the birds made her feel fresh and merry as she walked through the corridors of her college.

.

The crowds near her remained oblivious to her mind and heart, which only consisted of the newfound feelings that somehow she still felt too good to be true.

A smile took over her face, as she pulled the sides of her blazer closer, covering her chest completely, preventing herself from the tremendous cold that the weather boasted of today.

It seemed that the cold essence was not going to fade anytime soon.

And the realization instantly made Khushi's mind flash back yesterday's incident, the one she wanted to forget, but was not able to.

The cold breezes.

Rain showers.

Blue eyes.

A drunk figure.

Mason.

She instantly pursed her lips, trying hard to forgo all that yesterday was, and tried concentrating on the present.

She wanted all the bitter remnants to go away.

For good.

As she was about to enter the class, she heard Rebecca's voice calling her name in her usual melodious tone and Khushi instantly turned around only to be surprised by the sight of Kevin standing beside her best friend Ree.

.

.

"Hey! What a pleasant surprise!"

Khushi exclaimed with a smile, watching the new couple standing in front of her.

Rebecca smiled back as she hugged Khushi with one hand and clutched onto Kevin's arm with another, elated to finally have him in her life.

.

.

"I'm so happy for you both. You guys look so perfect together."

Khushi spoke looking at the couple, who indeed matched each other perfectly, minus the weird expression that Kevin had on his face.

On a second observation, they did look much in love, but..

There was something pricking Khushi, and she didn't know why.

Giving it to the obvious awkwardness which he would be feeling, thanks to that silly text fiasco long back during her time at the Verman Times, Khushi felt the uneasiness would slowly fade away.

She only had to give it some time.

But there was something about Kevin which only appeared to be so different, raising her inner conflicts.

That same athletic build, dusky complexion, tall height, then what was it that was so different?

She tried hard to notice when suddenly he broke her silent expedition with his voice.

"Good to see you, Khushi."

His voice reflected that very same Kevin, whom Khushi knew from months back.