CHAPTER 30: A Sweet Conspiracy

Resting the marathon of unknown thoughts in your mind, when you step ahead to a new light, another game awaits you, which you could barely think of.

**

In the interim of the upcoming battle, the timid thoughts were still so fresh in her mind.

The dawn after the dark, the feeling after the numbness, the reality after the lies, everything resurfaced in her mind as they sat in the meadow, the rare sun shining brightly once again in the sky.

The torrents of emotions ran through her mind cultivating the seeds of the lost happiness once again as he gently moved away the strands of her hair from her face as the wind continued to sway them lightly.

The fall was neither a justification nor a contradiction to the suddenly new weather today.

After all everything in Khushi's life had been full of uncertainties, be it something jovial or a vicious predicament.

Her heart beat always landed up increasing tenfold, her feelings on their crest as she recalled the night from two days ago for the umpteenth time now.

And even she couldn't resist feeling the endless power that she knew was dwelling inside of her now, mirroring the same as he felt.

Yes, she had read in Amelia's grimoire about the power of a merge in the world of Witchcraft, but what she didn't know was its tenacity, its magnitude that could be so strong, that with every passing minute she felt boundless power emerge within her.

Maybe, that's how nature designed them.

A power in one soul, and tenfold, when merged with another.

Their unison, which made her feel complete, for she knew nothing but give her all to the only man she loved, also bestowed on her as well as him, an unfathomable amount of power.

But she was still confused that why it was only her who was feeling that she would explode any minute by the surges of power she felt rising in her, while Arnav looked much at ease.

Little did she know that everything that had felt, witnessed or thought about ever since she realized and accepted her identity as a witch, was all chained to the past, something that didn't date back to just Meredith who was her great grandmother, with whom she shared her countenance, but it went way beyond centuries, to the existence of Sophronia, who was her ancestor, and unknown to Khushi, she was a part of that same lineage, and hence, boundless power was bound to follow her, by hook or crook.

Whether it was a boon or a bane, that was yet to be decided, for what awaited her, even she couldn't imagine.

.

.

.

Keeping all the thoughts aside, she looked at him and his eyes instantly met hers, making color rise on her cheeks right away.

She only thanked her stars for letting her use the shielding spell well. There wasn't any way she was going to invite any sort of obvious embarrassment for herself, by letting her guard loose on her thoughts and have him hear them.

Her cheeks which always turned a bright shade of crimson as her eyes sighted him were more than enough to do the job. Khushi didn't want her thoughts to add fuel to the fire.

.

.

"Hmm.. So here the sun shines again."

Arnav whispered as he nuzzled her neck, pulling her close to him while they faced each other sitting at the meadow.

.

She could only close her eyes as she felt his gentle touch on her skin, her mind reminiscing their past which had so much in it, every kind of emotion, indefinable feelings.