CHAPTER 20

Decisions

Sometimes, when you are at the periphery of broken relations, just one last blow ruins it all and you end up landing into the world called 'Nothing.'

**

~~

Dear Diary,

Life is all about choices, decisions and ultimately the verdict.

So far, only unpredictable things have come my way. Now is no different.

But all I know is, I'm ready to try. To fight and make everything all right.

Even if it requires me to participate in a deadly battle or give away my own life, but when the journey takes your breath away the destination shouldn't matter, isn't it?

The thought had struck my mind long back, but only today did I realize how true and significant it is, for me.

I don't know in this battlefield, who is a friend and who is a foe and what would end up being a threat to me?

All I know is, I'm ready to take chances, as long as my conscience doesn't betray me, my faith doesn't betray me.

As long as, he doesn't betray me.

Khushi

~~

After days of self-debate and turmoil, her mind finally felt free of a huge burden, as she penned down her thoughts in her journal.

Writing always gave her a unique sort of solace, and though now she hardly had the time to pen down things in her journal every day like before, when she did it, it was an overwhelming feeling, in a good way.

Funny thing was, it took her quite some time to realize that the most common term that her journal consisted of these days, was his name.

It was embarrassing to the power of infinity to think for her, how each and every diary entry had his name embedded on it, initially about hate and now..

Just Love.

Never did she think earlier that the mystic, monotonous town of Verman Hills, would ever unfurl such massive secrets in front of her eyes.

No, the town was never under rated in her dictionary, but there were of course certain aspects which never earned a question mark from her logical mind, until of course things went bumpy on their own accord with no prior warning.

.

The silence had always appealed to her, to interrogate the hidden elements of this town and had always coaxed her to think about what could lie beneath those shadows of tranquility?

.

'Well, I guess, now I knew.''

She chuckled to herself.

.

'21.10'

She glanced at her wrist watch checking the time.

"..And they aren't home yet."

Khushi sighed.

Jasmine and Adrienne had gone to a social gathering from the latter's office.