CHAPTER 42 (B): The Showdown

''Khushi!''

In that one moment, what Arnav felt could never be put into words.

If there was an emotion named with the combination of euphoria, shock, pain, vulnerability, as well as courage, it would have all been confined in the tiny second of what that moment was when his eyes met with hers.

.

.

As he saw her tired face, her long wavy hair disheveled because of her run and the battle against the fire, he felt a pang in his heart, and that's when realization dawned on him.

''No!''

He shook his head as he watched her enter into the space he was in, with Meredith standing in one side of the massive area, and his heart thudded, as he begged her in his mind to go away, but he knew she was a different Khushi right now, he looked at him with both anger and love, and also pain perhaps, because she knew he had misguided her.

He didn't know how she had still managed to arrive here, when he had guided her through a different course, but before he could even manage to spare a second to think about it, he heard Meredith's extremely daunting tone of voice.

''Why are you here, Khushi?''

The calm in her voice was extremely fishy yet nerve-wrecking, because the same woman had been screaming like a psychotic sometime ago, and one look at her, followed by looking at Khushi, made him gulp at the sight.

They were a thorough replica of each other, when it came to their looks.

Except for the length and pattern of their hair, there was nothing different, and so striking was the resemblance, that for a second, Arnav felt like he was trapped in a delusion.

.

.

''I won't let you make the wrong use of that bracelet, Meredith.''

Khushi replied, reciprocating the same calm tone of Meredith, before the latter flashed a wide smile and looked at the bracelet in her hand and finally looked up to meet Khushi's eyes as she averred,

''Oh! You are sad that this is gone from your wrist and now sits on mine? I can make a complete replica for you Khushi, if you want. But this is MINE.''

The warning in her tone didn't go unnoticed by Arnav and he constantly switched his gaze between Khushi and Meredith to make sure Khushi wasn't harmed.

He had vowed to protect her no matter what and he would do anything to keep that word.

''Neither do I want that bracelet, nor do I want any other Meredith. This world has witnessed enough of your games. Now no more!''

.

.

As soon as the words escaped Khushi's mouth, Meredith's insane laughter once again echoed in the air, making even Khushi narrow her eyes at the madness the woman in front of her held.

''What is it with you both, HUH?''

Meredith looked at Arnav and then at Khushi, as she screamed out loud.

''DID YOU BOTH MEET EACH OTHER IN A PHILOSOPHY CLASS FOR THE FIRST TIME?''

She mocked as she circled a little area, holding the bracelet tightly in her hand, as she continued,

''BOTH OF YOU WILLING TO MAKE ME A GOOD WITCH! SEEMS LIKE YOU TWO ARE GOOD AT PHILOSOPHY BUT FORGOT TO DIG INTO THE HISTORY OF YOUR OWN WORLD—WITCHCRAFT! IT'S STILL NOT LATE! DIG IN! YOU CAN READ A LOT ABOUT MY DEEDS. ABOUT WHO I AM! HOW I AM!''