CHAPTER 24

Forlorn

In anticipation, when you look around yourself, seeking for happiness and when your heart is ultimately elated, to have finally found it, suddenly everything turns out to be a lie.

**

Every time the petals of the roses drew her attention, an unusual secret conspiracy began building up in her mind, making her come across that dejected feeling time and again.

So hard she tried to touch the beautiful and vibrant petals, but every effort she made, every time, only the thorns greeted her hands, bruising her bad.

Her heart knew no respite as the uncontrollable tears continued to make their way through her eyes, trickling down her cheeks while she tried to threaten them in anticipation of not letting them fall anymore. But every single trial, resulted only in failure.

The perimeters of patience, trust and love were some how crossed as she tried hard to act oblivious to what ever she had witnessed the previous day, whatever she had heard, which had the capacity of precariously turning her life upside down, and so it did.

Every cell in her body reverberated hatred and rage for the sight that changed her life to the point of no return and pushed her from a tricky ravine into an ocean of betrayal.

Forlorn, she sat on her bed fiddling with the ends of the quilt that covered half of her body, though her insides wanted her to be blanketed from the entire world put together.

"She's just a bait."

Another stream of tears made their way down her lash line, as his words once again echoed in her ears, making it next to impossible to surface back to reality.

Those words grounded her in a valley of uncertainties, impossibilities and distrust as she felt her eyes ache due to the constant tears and her lips became dry for having being dehydrated for so long.

The devil was indeed a devil after all, wasn't he?

Khushi smiled in self depreciation trying hard to stifle her uncontrollable sobs.

.

.

Bound in a life where treachery and treason overruled everything else, she felt the air out of her lungs as she hugged her knees closer to her chest and rested her head in between.

Fresh warm tears continued brimming in her eyes, even though her mind and heart continued to fight an unknown battle.

.

.