CHAPTER 41: More Than What Meets The Eye

Dark deeds are carvings on a stone, the marks of which barely diminish,

When a soul has a lot unfulfilled, somewhere it does return for some business to finish.

Will paradise unfurl or will it be the demons that rise?

Will the dark clouds ever fade, who shall pay the ultimate price?

The night before the battle

It was a surreal feeling, something which was beyond words, beyond any explanation, whenever she was intimate with him.

It felt as if a part of her was resurrected, letting her explore some new dimension about her own self, which she would have never learnt about.

And tonight was no different.

She thought with a blush as she looked at the wall clock and saw the time.

It was already half past 11 in the night, yet sleep was far away from her eyes.

As promised, Arnav had left on her insistence, and gone to stay with his family for the night. She sighed as she reeled in the effects of the moments spent with him, only sometime back, and held her pillow close, breathing in his scent from it, as it was too prominent in the air, even after he had left.

She smiled to herself before getting up from her bed, looking at her own reflection in the mirror on the wall, as a strange thought struck her mind.

From the time she had learnt of their impending battle tomorrow at the old castle of Zienne Valley, a part of her had constantly bugged her, about nothing in particular, yet giving her a strange warning about something that was coming, for her, and for their kind.

Something that she could not anticipate, something she barely had a reason for.

She quirked her brows as she looked at her reflection keenly, and that is when out of the blue, an old vision of that same face, doing uncountable dark deeds flashed in front of her eyes, making her take a step back.

The flashes of the scenes from decades ago, when Meredith, her own ancestor had mercilessly taken the innocent lives of Grace and Valerie, suddenly seemed to bother her, and disrupt her otherwise quiet mind, and she didn't know why did this suddenly happen after months.

.

.

''Damn it!''

Khushi uttered to herself before making up her mind for getting some air.

She knew that what was going to happen tomorrow was going to be far from her hands, but for now, she wanted to live this one last night in some solitude.

Taking a deep breath, she took one final look at the books and Amelia's grimoire that rested on one corner of her bed, before stepping out of her room.

And even she didn't know why, two things prominently resonated in the back of her head as she stepped downstairs.

One, the riddle of Amelia, which by now she had given up solving.

And two, the ''obscurum'' magic—the mark of the cent sins spell.

.

.

As the cold breezes greeted her senses thoroughly, she yet again got one new reason to let go of her quagmires for the time being and let only nature do its job, as she closed her eyes and breathed in the lovely essence of the purest and fundamental thing in the world—the air, the trees, and the silence.