CHAPTER 32: A Crusador

The vicious have a wicked trail, just like the devil with wicked wings.

Let your faith be your guarded grace, and see how the game spins.

**

Khushi had to set herself as a crusader for putting an end to the beast that had the power to drift away the world, and snatch away innocence from everyone.

She had to undo Meredith's sins, replacing them with the deed of humanity, unleashing the powers that could mark the end of the Avizhas.

She had to avenge the death of every innocent soul, that became a victim to their dirty games that relished the shedding of blood, taking away lives.

There was so much to do, that it was undoubtedly a fearsome pilgrimage.

But she was ready to do anything that could end up bringing paradise.

The thoughts still pondering in her head, she and Arnav entered her house holding hands as they saw Adrienne and Jazz in the living room.

It was tough to witness such a quiet atmosphere at her home, which was otherwise filled with Adrienne's over the top antics, her enthusiastic voice, followed by her sister's never ending tantrums.

But for a change, maybe this was good.

Khushi thought.

She looked at Jazz who was sitting on one of the sofas, so still, so disciplined, that for a second she thought some ghost had gotten into her.

Since when did she behave so poised?

''Strange''

Khushi muttered to herself.

"Khushi, you are finally here!"

Her mom exclaimed with that same broad grin as Khushi gave her a small smile in return.

"Yeah Mom. Sorry for being a bit late."

She replied.

"Oh, not a problem at all. Go and change quickly. We will leave in some time."

She said.

Khushi simply nodded as she proceeded towards the staircase, while Adrienne kept Arnav company for the mean time.

.

.

Khushi took the stairs two at a time, knowing if she didn't hurry, they might miss the show time when suddenly she realized she had forgotten her handbag in the living room's centre table.

Letting out an angry sigh, she halted her steps on the top of the staircase and turned back to beckon Arnav to come with her bag as he stood near the table, about to leave.

He smiled as he saw her and picked up the bag and approached her when suddenly Khushi's cell phone vibrated in her jeans' pocket.

Agitated, she quickly grabbed it in her hand and unlocked it to see the screen flash,

1 new message

.

Arnav stood near her with her bag in his hand, as she quickly tapped the 'open' tab to read the message.

She didn't know why, but a very laid back fear began resurfacing in her mind at that very moment.

As the message finally opened, she narrowed her eyes, looking at her mobile screen, taken aback to see the sender's name.