CHAPTER 16

Hymn of the new life

Yesterday, she was emotional, so she wanted to change the world. Today, she is wise, so she vows to change herself..

**

When the dead ends meet, two worlds collide.

It's hard to survive in a contrast where things are way too distinguished.

But this was no Mills and Boons story.

Fortunately, they belonged to the same world.

But then why did the terror always continue to haunt her?

Why the screeching silence always ended up bringing her to the worst conjecture?

Why despite everything being so correct, something always seemed so wrong?

Why did she feel it was all too soon to call whatever she was in right now a content paradise?

Was something really coming to shatter everything after all?

.

Not getting any success with the timeless Q & A session of her mind, she finally closed the giant book with the most absurd title according to her.

Spellcraft.

Letting out a deep sigh, she chuckled at the irony of the events happening one after another.

If she hadn't made that silly typo while proof reading the drafted advertisement that one day, she wouldn't have met him.

If she hadn't met him, she wouldn't have been captivated by him.

If she hadn't been captivated by him, she wouldn't have been affected by him.

So much.

If she hadn't been affected by him, she wouldn't have realized that she-

She stopped once again as her mind and heart both joined hands together and led her through the imaginary way to reach the most obvious destination, the one she knew from deep within but was still afraid to embrace.

Ifs and Buts were a part of every other story, just that in her case, it became the pivotal part.

.

As she opened the book once again and her hands browsed through the pages carelessly, another range of thoughts occupied her mind.

If her mother didn't hand her the bracelet that night, she wouldn't have discovered it anyway.

If she wouldn't have gone to the basement that day, she wouldn't have ever discovered the mysterious box.

If she wouldn't have found the key in the bracelet, she wouldn't have opened the box and discovered about Meredith.

And if she hadn't discovered about Meredith, she wouldn't have felt ashamed of being related to her.

To be her descendant!

A tinge of guilt and disgust took over Khushi as she once again snapped the book close and tossed it on the other side of her bed.

.

Today, she would have been preparing for her English test, just like any other girl her age, writing an essay on Shakespeare's work, had she not discovered the reality. The reality of her existence.