Chapter 17

*next night*

I came home to Spencer yelling at Aria, Emily and Hanna.

"What's going on?" I ask, setting down my purse. They all just look at each other.

"Spencer does drugs.." Emily started. My eyes widen.

Hanna looks at me. "You knew?" She said.

"No." I lie. They all look at me. "Okay yes. I was the first to know. I told her to stop at first." I eyeball Spencer.

"Thanks Ken." Spencer says sarcastically.

"Why didn't you tell?" Aria asks.

"I couldn't. I was afraid for her and....and myself. I know what she is going through." I say.

"Okay, but that doesn't mean-" Emily starts, but Hanna interrupts.

"What do you mean, 'you know what she is going through?'"

I stood there speechless. Spencer put her hand on my shoulder.

"Can we keep this on Spencer? This is a serious problem." I say pushing Spencer's hand off my shoulder.

"No. Explain. Now!" Hanna demands. I stand back a little. I was becoming afraid of Hanna.

"I took drugs when I was 14 okay! But I'm done now!" I say with a smile.

"You're the one who took the pills? I had some pills missing. You took them." I just look at her speechless. I was afraid. I grabbed my bag and ran upstairs. My phone buzzed.

Looks like the girls know. You still have time to tell your parents. You know what happens if you don't. Kisses -A

The next morning, I caught my mom talking with Spencer. I wanted to just tell her, but I couldn't do that to Spencer.

When my mom left, Spencer went to the fridge and then called for more pills.

Why would she call for more?After everything that has happened?When she ended the call I stormed up to her.

"What the hell do you think your doing calling for more pills? Are you friggin' crazy? You are addicted Spencer!!!!" I yelled at her loudly. I grabbed my bag.

"Where are you going?" She yelled.

"Like you care!" I yelled back and slammed the door. I ran all the way to Mike's house.

I knocked on the door. Mike opened it with a smile and then it faded away when he saw that I was near to tears. He pulled me into a hug as I sobbed into his shirt.

"Shhh. Kendall shhh. Do you want to talk about it?" He asked while rubbing his hand on my back.

I manage to stop crying and say to him,

"No, I want to be here with you. Please." I beg. He nods and kisses my cheek.

Then,We both go inside

*3 hours later*

"Thank you." I say to Mike as I walk out the door. He pulls me into a hug.

"Anything for the girl I love." He said. He pushed my hair behind my ear and then lightly kissed my lips.

"I love you." I say.

"Love you more." He says back.

I turn and walk back home. When I arrived at our driveway, Spencer wasn't there, but my mom was. I walked inside and saw her talking with someone looking disappointed.

"Okay. Thank you." She said before she hung up.

"Everything okay?" I ask setting my bag down on the couch.

"No. Apparently Spencer is hiding something." She said looking upstairs.

I blurt out, "I know Spencer does drugs. And we need to help her."

"You knew?" She said shocked. I nod. "Why wouldn't you tell me or your father?"

"You were in Boston and I was still mad at you guys!" I yell.

"That is not an excuse Kendall." She yelled back.

"Why am I getting yelled at? I'm not doing drugs like the wild goose here! This is bull-"

"Kendall Marie Hastings!" My mother stops me. "Go to your room." She said pointing upstairs.

I turn around and pick up my bag. I turn back saying, "Your not my mom, so I don't have to listen."

I left before she could say anything else. As I am on my way down the street I get a text.

Well, mommy found out before you could tell her. See you soon! Kisses -A