Chapter 23

Spencer's P.O.V

After I saw Kendall run away in her black hoodie I didn't know what to do. Emily stood there with her mouth wide open. She was in total shock. I took out my phone and sent an SOS text to Aria and Hanna saying to meet at my house. I put my phone in my back pocket and literately ran home with Emily right behind me.

I barged into my own house and searched all around for Kendall having no idea where she is.

I ran upstairs and checked every room twice. I checked downstairs and did the same.

"Spencer, relax." Emily said as the Aria and Hanna came in.

"Relax????" I say. I go up to her to be face to face with her.

"How the hell can I relax when my sister is A and IS MISSING!" I yell. Hanna pulls me back.

"Wait what do you mean Kendall is A?" Aria asks wiping the tears on her face from crying over Ezra being A.

"We were walking and a black hoodie...or A you can say was watching us. We ran towards the and brought down the hood only to find it was Kendall." Emily explained as I kept looking around.

"WHERE THE HELL IS SHE??!!" I yell again throwing my hands in the air. That was also when my parents walked in.

"Mom, Dad where is Kendall?" I say calmly.

"She didn't tell you this morning?" Mom said. I raise an eyebrow being a little confused.

"Kendall went to California." She said.

"Why?" Hanna blurted out. I turned and gave her a look. Then I looked back at my parents and asked, "Why?"

I could hear Hanna scoff softly.

"She wanted to go back to visit friends and family over there." My father explained. "She has planned it for a week."

Kendall never told me any of this. I was mad. Really mad. Not only is she A and left for California, but she is going to college before me! And I haven't admitted it yet, but I'm extremly pissed off about it. Next thing I know, I run up to my room. Quickly I grab a pill and swallow it before anyone sees. I promised my parents I wouldn't take them anymore and that I will be in control, but I don't think that is ever going to work.

Within seconds, the other girls come up with worried expressions on her face.

"She is in Cali probably surfing waves by now Spence." Hanna said.

"That. Is. Impossible Hanna! Unless she has a teleporter she isn't in California! Emily and I JUST saw her being A doing A things!!!!!!" I crouched on the floor and a tear fell down my cheek. Then our phones ring in unison. I take mine out of my back pocket.

Sorry I lied. I need to do what's best for me. Love you guys and I'm sorry I betrayed you. Kisses -A

"This isn't from A.." Aria said.

"No it's not." I saying choking up. I stand and look at them.

"Kendall sent it. And who knows if she will be back or not." I look back down just praying Kendall will be back soon.

Kendall's P.O.V

I walk into the room and bring down my hoodie.

"About time!" She calls getting up from her computer. "Where the hell where you?"

"Sorry, I got caught up doing something." I say looking at her. She looked super nice and caring at first, but that was all a lie.

"Or were you catching up with your sister and friends?"

"I'm sorry Cece. I'm not perfect." I say.

"You're a Hastings. You have to be perfect." She turns back around to work on her computer.

"I have to go back you know." I say hanging up my jacket.

She scoffs. "Yeah okay, unless you want your hunk of a boyfriend dead within seconds and your sister and her friends gone like Alison."

"What?" I say. "That wasn't the deal. You said I could go back for at least a day."

She gets up and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Oh honey, you really think I meant you can go back. Once you're here, you're here."

I nudge her hand off my shoulder. "Don't touch me!" I yell. And right away she slaps my hard across the face.

"Go and do your work. Your next mission will be assigned tomorrow." Cece smiled and turned back to her computer once again. I cupped my cheek hoping that being in hell would be over soon.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been super busy with school and friends that I don't have time to sit and write. Anyways I hope you like this chapter. And thank you for all the positive feedback on the story! I will update again in possibly 2 days.

Kisses -E