Chapter 34

One week later..

Kendall's P.O.V

It's been a week. It's been a week since I have been out of the hospital. It's been a week since Spencer was attacked at the woods. It's been a week since Mike has been an A suspect.

I have been cooped up in my room. Researching everything I can find to prove that Mike is A. And no, that does not make me a stalker..

I've only gotten out of my room to eat, and go to the doctors to get rid of my crutches. The doctor said my burned has almost completely healed. Though for about another week or 2, I can't wear any jeans. Only sweatpants or shorts.

The last time I've been out was to be with Mike. I haven't let him, or anyone in my room. I haven't even let him in my house. Who knows what he will do? We went on a date in Philadelphia. I wore a dress, and he wore a suit. He got us dinner at some really fancy restaurant and then we took a walk in the park. That was where he gave me a heart shaped locket, with both our initials engraved onto it. I put it on and never took it off since.

The girls and Toby have been in the house back and forth for Spencer. The girls even slept over last night. I had to come out once in a while to not make them suspicious of me. I don't need them to go in my room and finding everything I have on Mike. I needed to know if he was A or not before I told them.

It was 10am. I was in my room on my laptop and someone came in.

"Hey Ken, do you have a pair of scissors I can bor..woah." Hanna said. I turned around and stood up.

"Knock much Hanna?" I say.

"Stalker much. What the hell is going on?" Hanna replies looking at the papers on the floor.

"No way you think Mike is A." She said. "Who gave you that idea?"

"There is a lot that makes it seem true. Even Ezra said it-"

"Ezra told you?! Why would you trust him! You know Aria doesn't want anything to do with him. We told you about the book!" She said loudly.

I was confused. "...what book?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Come on." She said turning around.

"Where are we going anyway?" I ask while following her. Before I leave my room, I lock it. Just to be safe. And then catch up to Hanna downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Aria asks when Hanna put on her jacket.

"Kendall and I are going to the Brew to get coffees. Anybody want?"

Spencer raised her hand high while the other girls nodded.

"Great. We will be right back." I say playing along putting on my sweatshirt.

We leave the house and I whisper to Hanna. "Where are we actually going?"

"To the Montgomery House. I have something to show you. And then, we are going to the Brew."

Hanna parked almost a block away from the house. She got out of the car and walked the block to their house. I soon followed. When we arrived at the Montgomery house, no one was home. Hanna and I went straight to the front door.

"You have the keys right?" She asked.

"Yeah, but Mike have them to me for emergencies only."

Hanna scoffed, "No he didn't. Stop lying. Just open the door."

I rolled my eyes and opened the door. Hanna locked the door from the inside.

"To Aria's room." She said. Hanna sprinted upstairs. I looked around and slowly went upstairs. When I was walking down the hallway, I could hear Hanna rummaging through papers in Aria's room. I walked faster down the hallways and saw Mike's door closed. It sounded like Hanna was having trouble looking for the papers, so I had time. I went to the door and tried to open it. But it was locked. This confused me. Since when did he have a lock on his door?

"Kendall!" Hanna yelled. I ran to Aria's room. "Take this." She said giving me a huge stack of papers. "And read it. Mike isn't mentioned in there once."

"Then why would Ezra lie?" I ask. Hanna shrugged her shoulders. We fixed the room to make it look like we were never in there. Then we got out of the room.

"Wait! I need to use the bathroom!" Hanna said stopping me.

"Hanna! Can't you hold it?" I say.

"No!" She said already running towards the bathroom. I rolled my eyes. My eyes went straight to Mike's room. I took a bobby pin from my hair and tried to pick the lock. I got it in less than 5 seconds(which is a record for me) and opened the door. I gasped at what I saw.

I went towards the black jacket on the bed. I picked it up and saw there were pictures under it. I put the jacket back in the bed and picked up the photos. They were photos from the fire, that I was in. He was there. The burn he got was from the fire. He knew about the screams cause he was there!

"Okay, I'm good." Hanna said walking in. She saw the pictures and the jacket.

"Oh my god. Kendal.." Then we heard a car door slam. I looked out the window and saw Mike coming near the house.

"We need to get out! Now!" I yell at Hanna. I turned to her and she took a picture of the photos on her phone.

"Okay. Let's leave through Aria's room!" She yelled. She put the pictures down. I put the jacket on top of the pictures, locked the door, and closed it. We went to Aria's room. Hanna opened the window.

"What are we doing?" I asked panicked.

"Jumping out of the window." Hanna says.

"What?" I say.

"Come on! Unless you want to get caught!" Hanna says. I look back and I hear Mike opening the door. I turn back and Hanna already jumped.

I look out the window. "Come on!"

I wasn't afraid to jump out the window...it was my leg. It was still healing. I heard Mike coming upstairs. I had no choice, but to jump. I jumped and when I reached the ground my leg stung.

We ran to the car and went to the Brew.

Mikes P.O.V

I went to my room. I opened the door and saw everything different. The room moved. My black hoodie moved, and so did the pictures. I saw my window open. I turned around and saw something shine. I went towards it and picked up the necklace. It was Kendall's locket that was on the floor. The locket I gave her in Philadelphia. I held it in my hand.

Kendall knows....