Chapter 42

During the car ride, there was a total silence. You could feel the tension between Mike and I.

"Kendall," he says breaking the silence.

I didn't respond, but I listened.

"I only went on the team to keep you safe."

"From what?' I replied. "As you can see, I'm not safe anywhere. A has tried to kill me so many times. No matter how hard someone tries, I'm not ever going to be in a safe environment. You even know that someone tried to kill me before I was even born."

"I didn't." Mike responded. I looked at him, and then it went back to a silenced car trip.

When we arrived at the airport, Mike got out my luggage for me.

"I got it." I say taking them from him.

"No." He refused. "I got it." He took the luggage out of my grasp and went inside the airport with me.

We got in, and I went straight on line to receive my boarding pass.

"You don't have to stay." I say to Mike.

"But I want to." He said abruptly. It was still quiet between us. Once I got my boarding pass and checked my luggage, we headed for airport security.

"You can't go any farther then this." I say to Mike looking straight into his crystal blue eyes.

Before he said anything, he brought me to the corner, away from the crowd. My heart started pumping fast. What was he going to do to me?

"Listen, before you go to California and see all the really good looking guys I need to tell you something." He whispered.

"I still love you. I tried my best to keep you from any harm. I did all I can because I can't afford to lose you. Ever. And I'm sorry for everything that u have done. Just please-"

And I stopped him there. "You know you are in love when the hardest thing to do is to say goodbye."

He put his muscular arms around my waist and leaned into a kiss. I kissed him and I felt a turn in my stomach. I was in love with him all over again.

We parted and went straight for a hug. I buried my face into his neck, never wanting to let go.

"I love you Mike." I say pulling back. I have always loved him, I was just so mad at him that I couldn't see or feel it anymore. I looked back into his eyes. He looked right into mine and said,

"No matter what you have done, no matter what I have done, I will always love you Kendall."

I smiled and hugged him once more. He kissed my forehead and let me go. I went straight for security check. I turned around and he smiled right at me. I smiled back. At that moment I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

After about 30 minutes, I was sitting down it the departure lounge waiting for my flight to start boarding. I have no idea how my parents are doing and if they found Spencer or even Ali.

I heard my flight starting to board. I picked up my carry on and went in the plane. I sat down in my seat. I started to feel tense. My hands were clammy. I was worried about Spencer and the girls.

I heard my phone beep. I took out out and looked at the text.

Time to say goodbye to the people you care about most. Kisses -A

I bulged my eyes out and called Spencer.

No answer. So then I called Hanna, Aria, and even Emily.

"Miss, you have to turn off your device." A flight attendant said to me.

"Wait, I just have to make one last call." I say.

"I'm sorry miss, but we are about to take off. Please turn off your device.' She said once more and left.

Why weren't the girls answering? Before I could turn off my phone, I got one last text.

Gone but never forgotten. -A

A/N: and that is how it ends...BUT THERE IS A SEQUEL!!!! So read the sequel. It is called Pretty Little Liars: The Sixth Liar: A Dangerous Game. SO READ IT!!!!! It will be out tomorrow!!! And thank you for all the reads and likes!!!! Keep on reading!

Kisses -E