Chapter 36

I sat in my room. Alone. I was tearing up. I tried not to, but I had to. I didn't want to cry over Mike. But I had to. I know he loved me by how he acted around me and how he said it ALL the time. I loved him too. I wasn't going to let myself cry over him. That isn't what I would do.

So I did just that. I didn't lock myself up and cry all night. I got up, went in the shower, got out, curled my hair, put on a white blouse and blue shorts, got my white converse on and went downstairs.

I skipped downstairs like nothing was happening and grabbed my sweatshirt. I noticed that the girls were still here and that they were staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

Spencer looked at me weirdly. "Where are you going?"

"Out..." I say rather slowly.

"No you're not." Spencer said grabbing my arm before I exit the door. "I am not going to worry over you and then find you come home drunk at 3AM!

I yanked my arm away from her grip. "Can you relax? I've learned a lot since then. I am NOT going to do something that stupid again...and by the way, I got home at 2AM that night."

With that I left and just kept on walking somewhere. I wasn't sure where I was going. I was sure that I made a stupid decision of walking somewhere. The sun was burning on me and my bad leg hurt from walking so much. I eventually made it to town. I went into the Brew and got myself an Iced Tea. Then I just sat down on the couch in the Brew and went on my phone. I was just trying to waste time, but really I just wanted Mike to text me, call me, SOMETHING.

"Kendall?" A British accent asked.

"Hello again Wren. Wait where you here? The whole time?" I ask.

"No, no" He chuckles. "I just needed to get some lunch from here."

"Oh. Makes sense." I smile.

"Are you alright?" He asks sitting next to me.

I wanted to say yes, but I couldn't. I felt so terrible that I just said "No..."

"Why? What happened?" Wren asked in a concerned voice.

"I don't know. I just don't feel good now.." I say. I couldn't say 'Oh yeah my boyfriend is on the A team and he ran away. And my sister and her friends don't know why he ran, but I sure do.'

"Okay, so why don't we let go of whatever is bothering you, grab a snack, and go take a walk in the park." He smiled.

"Okay. Lets go." I say to him. He smiles his amazing smile and gets up. I get up and follow him. I know that Hanna and Spencer said to not trust him, though he seemed like a decent guy and a good friend.

About an hour has passed...Wren and I were walking around the park just talking and keeping each other company.

"No you're not." I laugh.

"Yes, I am. I am afraid of getting a shot."

"You are such a baby." I joke. We stop walking and just look at each other. Wren then leaned in and kiss me. I kissed back, but then I realized what I was doing. I remembered what Spencer and Hanna said and put it to thought. I let go of him.

"Wren, I'm sorry. I didn't mention it, but I think I just got out of a relationship. I can't do this now."

"You think you got out of a relationship?" He asked.

"It's complicated." I reply. "I'm sorry Wren."

He nodded. "No, don't worry about it." He kissed me on the cheek. "I gotta go, but I hope you feel better. And I am not just talking about your leg." He smiled. It quickly went away.

I smiled and watched him walk away. I turned and walked towards my own home. I decided to take the short way home, which was through the woods because I didn't feel like walking a long.

As I was walking in the woods, I heard 2 people arguing over something. I am a Hastings, so we are very nosey. So of course I go near the people who were fighting. I spot them from afar. I slowly walked closer to see who it was. As I got closer, I saw the first face being Jenna. Wait Jenna? I thought she was in the hospital or something. Her and I haven't talked, but I know her story.

I still didn't know who the other person was. I got closer. I stepped on a twig and it snapped. I hid behind the nearest tree, hoping that they didn't see me. When I knew the close was clear I walked even slower towards them. I crawled behind a bush to get a better view of the person Jenna was talking to. I moved and saw Cece and a black hoodie standing next to her.

I moved over causing another twig to snap. I turned my head and found out Cece, Jenna and the black hoodie saw me from behind the bush. So, I did what I was suppose to do. I ran. I ran as fast as my weak legs could carry me. I ran into a huge mess of branches, leaves and twigs.

"Kendall! We're coming for you!" I heard Cece yell. I couldn't turn back, so I went through the pile of branches. I scratched myself so many times. Then a sharp twig cut through my shirt, causing my hip to bleed. I winced in pain and kept on rummaging through the branches. I tripped on a branch and fell forward. My white shirt, was no longer white. I got up, noticing I was out of the mess of branches and kept on running. Then I stopped. The person in the black hoodie was in front of me. Staring at me.

"Got you." I turned to my right. I saw Cece with a devious smile on her face. She was only a few hundred feet from me.

"RUN!" The  disguised black hoodie voice said. I got confused. A was helping me? I ran away. I ran fast. I found my way to the Hastings property line and went to my backyard.

"HELP!" I try to yell loud enough so Spencer could hear me from the inside. I was almost at the door. Then I fell forward, having a sharp pain on the side of my head and hearing a rough thump right next to me.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been busy with school and sports. Anyways I think that this book will end at chapter 40, but the chapters might be really long. There will definetly be a sequel so look out for it. Also, this chapter might be confusing....I am not really sure if it is or not...So yea. Keep on Reading!

Kisses -E