Chapter 19

Hanna's P.O.V

When we woke up that next morning, Spencer was pacing back and forth worrying about Kendall, who was still sleeping.

"What the hell am I going to do?" She said finally sitting down leaning towards the counter with her face in her hands.

"I know Kendall came home drunk last night, but she isn't the real problem. Spence, your popping pills and that isn't good." I said.

She looked up at me.

"What if," I continued, "What if Kendall did it because she was so stressed about everything. With you doing drugs and her taking the pills again. I mean thank god she only took it once. If she took the pill and drank," Spencer stopped me.

"Hanna I get it. She would have been dead." Spencer was tearing. "I just want her to be safe and not do the same mistakes I did."

Kendall's P.O.V

I woke up with a pounding headache. I didn't feel like getting up,but I had to some day. I sat up and looked over at my clock. 11am. I found an aspirin and a cup of water next to my clock. I got up and took the pill. I turned around to open my curtains. The sunlight lite up the whole room. I just looked outside for a while. What I did last might was stupid. Very stupid. I felt a turn in my stomach and ran for the bathroom.

After I was finished, I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth with mouthwash. I looked at myself in the mirror. I look like shit. I felt terrible. Then that was when the little light bulb in my head sparked. I was drunk last night, but sober enough to remember some parts of the night.

~flashback~

"WHAT, do you want Mona?" I told her. I looked into her eyes.

"Join the A team." She said smiling deviously.

"What?" I ask.

"Come on. You're as smart as Spencer, sometimes even smarter, and you are the newbie. We need someone like you." She said.

I leaned forward a little. "You are going to have to give me a better reason then that."

"Don't play smart with me." She chucked out.

"No, hell no Mona, I won't join your team. This 'team' you want me to join almost killed me." I say in am angry whisper.

"So?" She said, acting if it wasn't a big deal.

"Twice." I snap back.

"That is what the A team does, and you have demonstrated how your not afraid." She says sweetly leaning towards my hand. I move it away quickly.

"You just said that I was afraid if you don't recall."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Are you in or not?" She spits out.

"No. I'm not." I say leaning into her.

"Well, that kinda stinks cause your already in it." She said getting her purse and standing up.

"What?" I say loudly while standing up as well.

"Unless you want your perfect little boyfriend in a body bag. And your sister gone to rehab for who knows how long. Life is so much easier if you join Ken." She said making a puppy dog face.

She walked toward and teaches for my arm. I slapped it away.

"Don't touch me." I bark out.

"Your first assignment will be sent to you soon." She said. Mona smiled and then walked out.

~present day~

Oh my god. I'm part of the A team. I run out of the bathroom and get my phone. I look at the texts. I got two of them. The first one said:

Looks like good girl Kendall isn't so good after all. Kisses -A

The attachment sent was a picture of me holding a drink in my hand and partying at some club which was a big blur and the other picture was me kissing some random guy I don't even know! Who did A send this to? Does Mike have it? What about the girls? I'm afraid. I admitted it. I'm scared.

The second attachment was also from A. Though this, was my first A team assignment.

Spencer's P.O.V

Kendall ran downstairs. Hanna and I shot our heads up and looked at her. She stopped at the bottom of the steps. Then she ran up to me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry for everything. I really am. I can't lose a sister like you. Please forgive me!" She said crying into my shirt. I rubbed her back as she cried. I looked at Hanna. She mouthed the words 'Say sorry NOW'

I let go of Kendall and wiped some of her tears away.

"I'm sorry too. I was stupid. Just please don't do anything that stupid again." I say. She nodded and went back in for the hug.

Then Aria and Emily came in without knocking. I was surprised that Aria was stable after finding out about Ezra. Hanna got them into a corner and explained everything.

All of a sudden, our phones beep simultaneously. Everyone's phone but Kendall's, which was kind of odd. Kendall started bursting into more tears as we all took out our phones.

We read it in unison:

It's time to end this once and for all. You bitches don't know what's coming for you. -A

There was also an address under it.

31 Boyce Ave. Ravenswood PA 7:00 tonight.

"Let me come with you." Kendall said calmly.

"No. No you are not going to get hurt. You need to stay safe." Aria insisted. Kendall put her head down.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Emily asked.

Kendall sighed. "All I remember was after I left here, I went to the Brew, and then I went to a bar to get drunk to forget about everything." She said. The other girls believed her. But I'm Spencer Hastings. I'm her sister, and I know when she is lying.