Chapter 32

Kendall's P.O.V

Yesterday was weird. Spencer and I saw an A note on the window of the hospital. Her and I turn for 30 seconds and it was gone. So now I'm really afraid of my hospital room and what is going to pop up.

Today is the day I go home. Yay! I manage to get up by myself with out my crutches and just hop around(which I am absolutely am not suppose to do). As I hop around packing my things, the door opens. I turn around and I see Mike holding a teddy bear in his hand.

"Hey love." He says. He comes towards me and kisses me on my lips.

"For you." He said while handing me the teddy bear. I took it and hugged it.

"Thank you very much." I say and kiss his lips again. When we part, he smiles at me. He notices that I am packing.

"You're going home today?"

"Yep. But not now. I have to wait later, when Spencer is going to pick me up."

He had a confused look on his face. "Why? Can't your parents pick you up?"

"Well, my parents chose a great time to go to Philly and they went this morning. But they checked me out. So all I need is a way to get home. And Spencer and her friends are at a bridal show. She said she will pick me up before it starts." I go back to packing and try to hop to the other side of the room to get my shoes.

"Ken, the doctors said you can't do that." Mike says while getting my shoes for me.

As he hands them to me I say, "Well you know I don't like it when I can't do things myself."

He chuckled and then took his keys out of his pocket. "I can drive you home if you want." He said, holding them up.

"Don't you have school?" I ask.

"I decided to skip to spend the day and take care of you." He puts is arms around my waist while being cautious with my burnt leg.

"So, do you want to go home?" He asks one more time. I bit my lip and nod yes. He takes my bags and I grab my crutches and we go to the car.

Mikes P.O.V

*2 hours later*

I brought Kendall home to make a favor for Spencer. She is at a bridal show and needs to get ready.

When I brought Kendall home, she got frustrated. She couldn't really do anything. And I know she hated it. She couldn't walk by herself or get things herself. I felt bad for her, but I had to help. She can't force her leg with the condition she has and I have to help her.

I start making us sandwiches in the kitchen while she is sitting on the couch staring into space. Then she tries to reach for a book on the coffee table.

"Ken, you need help?" I ask.

"No. I got this." She said and eventually gets the books she wants. She grunts in pain of her thigh burn.

I look at her and her leg isn't elevated like the doctor said it should be at all times.

"Kendall, keep your leg elevated." I say walking up to her.

She grunts and lifts her leg ontop of the table. "Since when do you listen to doctors?" She smiles.

"Since the love of my life became injured. I want her to feel better." I say sitting down next to her. She lies her head down on my chest and I wrap an arm around her, lazily dragging my finger up and down her arm.

"When can this all be over," she whispered.

"What be over?" I asked.

"Me getting hurt. Going to the hospital." She responded rather quickly. She was lying. I have known her since we were little and I know when she is lying or not.

Kendall's P.O.V

Mike and I were sitting down in silence, keeping each other company for 20 minutes. That silence was ended when my phone beeped. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket.

"Who is it?" Mike asked tiredly.

"Spencer, she said that the show starts in 2 hours. I gotta go there." I say while rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"You seem tired. Do you want me to take you? Do you even want to go?" He asked.

"I have to go to support Spencer and the girls." I got up and realized my crutches were near the doorway.

"I got it," Mike said while running to get them. When he handed me them, I saw a burn mark on his wrist.

"What happened on your wrist?" I asked while taking the crutches.

He looked at it. "Burned myself while cooking." He said giving me a kiss on my forehead and heading to the kitchen. It didn't looking like a burn you get in a kitchen. It looked worse.

"So how did the fire start?" He asked I turned and faced him.

"They don't know yet." I smiled softly at him.

"It must have been pretty scary. With the screams you heard and all. And then getting locked."

"Yeah." I reply to him. Then I realize..wait... I never told anyone about the screams I heard. I didn't even tell Spencer. I kept that to myself. How did he know about it?

"Do you want me to take you there?" He asked smiling at me. I shake off my own thoughts.

"It's fine. I got it. It's right next door." I say. He looks at me sympathetically.

"What? I can do it Mike." I say. He walks over to me and kisses my lips.

"I love you." He says pushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"I love you too." I say looking into his eyes. He then grabs his keys and opens the door. Before he leaves, he asks me

"Are you sure-" then I stop him. "Yes! I'll be fine. Go!" I say playfully and laugh. He laughs and then leaves.

I love Mike, but I was getting really suspicious of him. Especially now.

How did her know about the screams I heard. It was no where in the reports. I also didn't mention that I was locked in and that this was an attempted murder... How did he know?