Chapter 19 - Give up?

Third Person P.O.V

''Gray-sama!'' Juvia's frustrated tone echoed through the room they are in.

Everyone didn't dare speak in that moment. Rather, it would be more appropriate to say that no one could say anything at all.

Gray.

At that moment, Gray was on the edge of death's door. No one spoke, but it made most of them clench their fists.

''Wendy, Ma'am Porlyusica, please.'' this time Juvia wasn't frustrated. She was pleading. ''D-do every-..hing y-you c-can.'' she said while sobbing.

Makarov gave Porlyusica a quick glance before speaking. ''Please.'' Makarov uttered, but Porlyusica knew that Makarov was pleading as well.

''I'm doing everything I can. The wound's just too deep. Wendy isn't used to this too, she does not have enough knowledge.'' Porlyusica said. ''I need you people to step out of the room. We can't heal him properly if you guys here are mopping. What he needs you all to do now is pray that his condition won't get worse.'' no argued and gave her a nod in return.

Everyone exited the room and stood there. The deafening silence was the only thing that could heard at that moment.

Natsu couldn't hold back his anger and channeled it by punching the wall with all he got. The group were shocked by what he did.

''N-natsu..'' Levy said while everyone averted their gaze. 'Tsk' as Natsu bit his lip to at least calm himself down.

''Natsu.'' Makarov said calmly, but you could also see that he was clenching his fist.

''As what Porlyusica said, this is not the time to mop around. The least we could is pray as what she also said.'' Makarov said.

''But, Mast-'' Natsu didn't get to finish as Makarov cut him off.

''You're not the only one here frustrated and angry, Natsu. I don't think anyone wanted this to happen. But, why do you think we're staying silent?'' Natsu didn't answer and slowly lowered his head.

''Channeling your anger will only make you more miserable than you already are, Natsu. Do you think Gray would want to see us miserable?'' Makarov said.

''No, he wouldn't.'' Natsu faintly said, but enough to be heard.

''That's good. Now, raise your head up. We have a lot of things to do.'' Makarov emphasized his last words and Natsu only gave a nod then smiled. ''Erza.''

''Yes, Master?'' Erza looked up and responded.

''You've told me that you saw, Hades.'' Makarov started.

''Yes, Master. He told me to greet you before he left.''

''That sly senile. Anything else?'' Makarov asked. Erza paused to think before she spoke again.

''This only my take on what he said, Master.'' Erza said. ''Go ahead.'' Makarov responded.

''He's most likely gonna head right at us." Makarov only gave a confusing look to what Erza said.

"He said that he will meet us soon." Erza explained as Makarov paused for moment.

"Him?" Makarov didn't specify, but Erza got what he said. Erza frowned.

"I don't know. But, it seems he's already on their side." Erza reported.

No one tried to disagree as they were all silent, until someone exited from the clinic.

"Y-you're all m-mistaken.." A person that came out suddenly uttered.

"Lucy! What are you doing?! You're still injured." as Juvia went and assisted her in walking.

"But you see Lucy, he's had three victims already. Well, a lot if we count from the other guilds. Look at the situation. You, Laxus, and now Gray, who is fighting for his life." Erza said while Lucy remained silent as she couldn't retort anything about the things he has done.

"But, I just know it! He needs our help!" Juvia who was facing the back of Lucy turned her to face Juvia face to face.

"Don't you see Lucy! He is the cause of all this mess! Sabertooth and the other guilds did nothing, yet they were obliterated by one person! Who? (Y/N)!" Juvia shouted at Lucy, which of course any person would be shock at.

"I don't know what you saw or what he told you, but isn't all this enough proof that he's not the (Y/N) we knew? I think we all admit that we were in the wrong when we judged him. But does it need to come to this point? Tell me, Lucy." Again, Lucy couldn't speak.

"But, what if we were all wrong? What if something was making him do all those things? Wouldn-" she didn't get to finish as she witnessed Juvia slapped her.

"Juvia! Enough!" Erza held back Juvia. She clenched her teeth as she was already full of rage.

"I don't if you're being ignorant to everything that's happening or just being plain stupid! Don't stop me, Erza-san. I need to knock some sense into this girl. It seems that she's still asleep." This time, Lucy didn't dare argue more, but she looked at Natsu.

"Natsu?" she called out. Natsu ignored her and averted his gaze away from her.

"I can't believe this, Natsu. The person that made him special, now makes him feel unwanted." Natsu still didn't respond.

"That's the worse thing you can do, Natsu." She said calmly, but you could feel that those words hit Natsu. Now, Natsu was looking at her.

"Lucy, you're probably-" he didn't get to finish.

"Do you really love him, Natsu?" Lucy said. Natsu paused before he spoke.

"I don't think that question matters now, Lucy. We ha-" Lucy let lut the tears that she was holding back.

"Ho-how c-could you..do t-this?" There it was again, that defeaning silence, coming back. But, this time it was mixed with Lucy's cries.

"Luc-"

"I pity (Y/N), Natsu. He doesn't deserve all this." Lucy said while still sobbing. She laughed afterwards.

"I'm not one to talk if you look at it from a different view. I didn't stand up for him when that incident happened." everyone averted their gaze out of guilt.

Lucy rubbed her eyes and gave out a sigh. "I'm gonna pay (Y/N) back."

Everyone looked at her with a confused look. Erza gasped.

"Lucy! You can't possibly mean-" Erza didn't get to finish.

"Yes, I am. I'm gonna prove to all of you that (Y/N) is the victim here too."

______________________________________________________________

Good Evening! So sorry that I'm always making promises that I can't keep! I don't really have any excuse right now. Let's just say that I got carried away? Not like I wanted it. My brother dragged me around places and we got too carried away. It's all his fault! If you ever see this(hopefully not, since nobody knows I'm bi and writing male to male fanfictions..), fuck you! Sorry..had to remove that from my system.

ANYWAYS, hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Give this chapter a vote and follow me if you haven't!

Happy Reading!🍷

- Junho